Are You a Member of a Credit Union? - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Alexander Haig

Are You a Member of a Credit Union?

Sounds like a tv ad, but did you all know that GM offers a credit union discount to existing or new members regardless of where you finance? All G8s are included. Apparently even GXP, but list was last updated online in December so I'd reserve that statement until a dealer verifies. Dealer participation is voluntary, and not all will, but the meat of the program is "Supplier Pricing" for all members of a credit union on stock or ordered vehicles. Program is stackable with either customer cash or low rate GMAC financing and may even be compatible with other incentives (dealer cash, loyalty bonus, targeted lease incentive) https://www.exclusivegmoffer.com/ip-...do?program=cud So, if you are not a member of a CU what's the most it'll cost you to become one, maybe a C-note deposit in a federally insured account? Nothing to lose and much to gain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 03:32 PM

Just bought a new for my wife. The credit union discount amounted to $200 more off the price.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Lone Ranger

It's a pretty good deal. If I wasn't already a member of a military credit union I would totally take them up on it. My car is financed through my credit union and it can't be beat.

***Sadly Sold, out there somewhere missing me as much as I miss her I'm sure***
2008 Sex Panther G8 GT
Roto-Fab CAI, Vector HSRK, Magnaflow Street Series Cat-Back
LED Glow interior lighting,
Apex Cone 6000k 35w HIDs
Roto-Fab radiator cover and fuel rail covers, 35% Tint
"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story."

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 04:53 PM

Glad I saw this! I'm a member of a credit union and just about to pull the trigger on a new G8GT!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 08:56 PM

Smile

I financed my G8 through my cities local credit union.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 09:12 PM

Had on dealer actually say I had to be a member of a CU to get the supplier discount, most of them in my area will usually match it without one, I just can't get them down to Employee price, at least without the dealer cash.

Maybe I should check out the local credit unions anyway....

Jason Davis
2009.5 PBM G8 GT Sport, Premium, full GXP exhaust and rear fascia
'97 Sierra K2500 HD ECSB, '93 Sierra K2500 LD ECSB
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Alexander Haig

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD-GT View Post

Maybe I should check out the local credit unions anyway....
The beauty is you can become a member simply with a small deposit, say open a $100 savings account, and you do not have to finance the car through them if using GMAC's 0% or even a cash deal.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 10:32 AM
high desert road runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefpontiac View Post
Sounds like a tv ad, but did you all know that GM offers a credit union discount to existing or new members regardless of where you finance? All G8s are included. Apparently even GXP, but list was last updated online in December so I'd reserve that statement until a dealer verifies. Dealer participation is voluntary, and not all will, but the meat of the program is "Supplier Pricing" for all members of a credit union on stock or ordered vehicles. Program is stackable with either customer cash or low rate GMAC financing and may even be compatible with other incentives (dealer cash, loyalty bonus, targeted lease incentive) https://www.exclusivegmoffer.com/ip-...do?program=cud So, if you are not a member of a CU what's the most it'll cost you to become one, maybe a C-note deposit in a federally insured account? Nothing to lose and much to gain.
Is the GM card compatible with this program? There have been times when Supplier Pricing was not compatible.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 10:32 AM

I used the Credit Union discount last month when I bought mine. Bummer is, last week I received an email from GM saying that in addition to the Credit Union discount, you could also get an additional $1500 off the G8 price.

Here is the flyer link that was in the email.

https://www.exclusivegmoffer.com/GMP...n_PDaySale.pdf

'09 G8 GT. MSM, Premium, Sport, Red/Onyx
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 03:38 PM

I told the dealer I wasn't going to join a credit union just to buy this car, and magically, the requirement went away... plus I negotiated down another $250 on top of that, and now I ended up with a sound deal.

Jason Davis
2009.5 PBM G8 GT Sport, Premium, full GXP exhaust and rear fascia
'97 Sierra K2500 HD ECSB, '93 Sierra K2500 LD ECSB
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 06:23 PM

I just refinanced my month-old G8 from dealer financing to a local credit union. The interest rate dropped from 5.00 percent to 3.74 percent. I'll save close to $1000 over the 48-month loan. Credit unions are definitely worth checking out!

Gone but not forgotten: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT, White Hot, Premium, Sport. Tune is "Down Under" by Men At Work.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 09:10 AM
Go Fast!

HA. i joined a credit union for a better rate. They gave me a 9.5%.. thats another story. :-)
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 12:17 PM

The credit union bit is the way to go. I got a 3.99% interest rate on my auto loan through the CU. When I bought my GT they sent my info to finance through the dealership before I even went back and did the paperwork. Only one came back that would finance me and for ~11.5%. Three other banks that they pinged denied me (recieved letters in the mail notifying me). My FICO was really good too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page