Washington Post Columnist Warren Brown discusses Bluetooth in the Pontiac G8 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Washington Post Columnist Warren Brown discusses Bluetooth in the Pontiac G8

Here is a section from the transcript.

"Here's suggesting that GM solves the matter by teaming with its OnStar people to make Bluetooth connectivity available to all G8 buyers who thought they were getting it, but didn't, at an exceptionally friendly cost."

Click link below for more

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2009/08/21/DI2009082102470.html?nav=rss_business/industries
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

This should be posted in the News Section of the Forum, and shared with other forums.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 12:03 AM

I doubt they will but it would be a nice gesture to end an era on.

Mier
2009.15 G8 GT (Onyx/Red, Magnetic Grey, Premium/Sport, Bluetooth Onstar, RotoFab CAI, Kooks 1 7/8" LT, Non-Catted connectors, Corsa Catback, HSRK, Custom tune by PatrickG, UPR Catch Can)

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 08:21 PM

Mier, love that Avatar!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 02:02 PM

I think we should go after GM due to the fact that they mislead almost everyone... look in the 2009 pontiac book---- it says ALL 2009 Pontiac G8's come with BLuetooth..... not ture---- only 2009.5 on up did...... I feel bent over!!!!!!!

09 Panther Black G8 GT
4L80/Procharged F1x/9"rear/430 lsx; 1330rwhp; :Worlds Heaviest G8 and fastest g8. ... lol... --4350 lbs without driver
(I work for GM-- all statements from me are opinions of my own and does not represent GM in any way.)
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Red Sox Nation !!!

Dealer told me that the car had Nav, should I sue GM for that? Dealers will tell the buyer whatever they want to hear. That is a major problem for GM, their dealers.

2010 Steel Gray MB E63 AMG
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

The difference is that the 2009 book that is being referred to was produced by GM And distributed to all dealers. This is not verbal. This is something that was provided in writing to the majority of g8 owners prior to purchase. It is their selling catalog that lists all options and standard features for Pontiac's 2009 lineup. Bluetooth was listed as standard equipment in all 2009 g8's in two different sections of the catalog.

2009 Pontiac G8 Panther Black Metallic
Premium Package
Comfort and Sound Package
Power Tilt-Sliding Sunroof
V-Crest Cargo Tray, V-Crest Floor Mats

Coming Soon!
Tint, Bluetooth
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 03:09 PM

SO what do we do? I have the book and it is very clear.... will they do anything for us?

09 Panther Black G8 GT
4L80/Procharged F1x/9"rear/430 lsx; 1330rwhp; :Worlds Heaviest G8 and fastest g8. ... lol... --4350 lbs without driver
(I work for GM-- all statements from me are opinions of my own and does not represent GM in any way.)
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 08:39 PM

you could try and sue due to false advertising, just saying that could be done, it may open some eyes if they see multiple people steping up and trying to get the issue resolved. ( if i could find that little book i would shove it down the dealers through and tell them to fix it )

Troy
2011 Ram 2500Mega Cab Laramie
Wife's Ride--2009 Pontiac G8 GT Liquid Red
with Premium Sports Package 20% Window Tint,
Chrome GM Accessories Fuel Door, Chrome Door Handles, Stainless Door sills and plates
--Next Mod-- SC Cortex
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 09:29 PM

I knew my G8 didnt have bluetooth before I bought it, but I have access to GMVIS. I tried to find a 09.5 for bluetooth, but was not successfull. But yeah, the model catalog does state "All G8's are standard with bluetooth".

8000K hid lows, GM 2-way remote, BT from 09.5, VIM, Rotofab rad cover, GXP fascia & diffuser, Inalfa sunroof
Rotofab CAI, VMS ecm/tcm 93 octane dyno tune, Mobil1, Solo Mach Shorty, Solo hfc's, Kooks 1 7/8 LT's
BMR subframe connectors, trans brace, diff bushings, subframe bushings, trailering arms
Summer rims/tires- 19X8.5 FR (245/40 Hankook), 19X9.5 rr (275/35 Hankook)
Winter tires/rims- 18X8.5 all the way around (245/40 Michelin)
339 WHP
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 10:00 PM
Can I get a track day?

The one I test drove had bluetooth and they told me about it as a selling point. The one they sold me was a reg 2009 and did not have it(or the cup holders in the rear that I liked). I was bummed as hell when I got home and tried to link my cellphone with my car and it did not work. Then I found this site and read about the difference between the 2, 09 models. No bluetooth on mine or rear pull out cup holders. I wish GM would just swap out the onStar unit w/ a bluetooth one.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 05:27 AM

I still possess the 2009 model year catalog as well.

They can take their "exceptionally friendly cost" for blue tooth and sit on it. I have what I consider a defect in my G8.
The standard equipment as advertised is not installed in my car. I have proof it's supposed to be there, do they have
proof to the contrary?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 05:11 PM

so i just purchased a new 2009 GT and was offered the hands free thingy for an additional cost ofcourse....i have to purchase minutes from onstar in order to use my cell phone which im allready paying $66.00 a month to use. doesnt sound right at all. this is really a small issue for me as im not in a huge huff about it cause i dont use my phone all that much anyways, even less while im driving but i can see how it would piss some people off.

my question, since i have this feature and also the rear slidding cup holder fold down thing, does this mean my car "is equiped with bluetooth" ?

2009 G8 GT MSM stock
2000 Trans Am Ws.6 402 TwinTurbo
1999 Hardtop Formula (sold)
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 06:14 PM
Can I get a track day?

If the cupholders fold out of the bottom rear seat then their is a good chance that you do have bluetooth. Look in your owners manuel on how to set up blue tooth and if you can get past the first step then u have it.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTramair View Post
so i just purchased a new 2009 GT and was offered the hands free thingy for an additional cost ofcourse....i have to purchase minutes from onstar in order to use my cell phone which im allready paying $66.00 a month to use. doesnt sound right at all. this is really a small issue for me as im not in a huge huff about it cause i dont use my phone all that much anyways, even less while im driving but i can see how it would piss some people off.

my question, since i have this feature and also the rear slidding cup holder fold down thing, does this mean my car "is equiped with bluetooth" ?
So I think you are a little confused, you purchase minutes from Onstar to use the cars cell phone.
To connect your phone via blue tooth all you do is set your phone to link to blue tooth and then hit the Onstar speak button hold down for 2 secs when you hear a tone then say "blue tooth" then it looks for your phone. the directions are in the Onstar folder and in the owners book.
this service does not require to buy minutes.
FYI
80's

2009 G8 GT in Karma Metallic,GXP Conversion.
20% Smoke tints,Solo Axel back's & X Pipe
VCM OTR Intake(no codes) 160 Deg Tstat.
Ported intake,Ported throttle body,Catch can.
Tuned By Mongillo Motors New Haven
No Tic my dealer took that away! New seat fix.
Puttco Hyperflash LED Tail lights.
Weather Tec floor mats.Conti Pro DWS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page