Pontiac G8 Forum banner

G8 at Road America?

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  mikmak 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Darn!! The picture he took of the engine still does not answer my question. The scoops on my GTO are functional as far as cooling the engine compartment. I can't tell on the G8 from pics I have seen. Anyone know???

#6 ·
Can't you just cut long holes in the hood to let the cool air in?

Like, where the scoops meet the hood?

#7 ·
A commenter to this same story on Autoblog kinda scared me. He made mention of a marketing survey about the G8 interior that he took part in. He said they were shown a lower quality interior and wanted comments on it. You think Pontiac is going to downgrade the interior for the lower end G8? It's the first I've heard of this, and I find it surprising but also not surprising. But I think it'd be a huge mistake for Pontiac to save a few dollars. Show them quality across the board and not just on a few models. Or maybe this change will come once North America production kicks in?

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/07/wanna-see-a-red-pontiac-g8-yeah-we-thought-so/

Don't be so sure about that quality interior. I took part in a marketing demonstration and they had two verions of the upcoming G8. Both had identical exteriors, but one had the interior from the gallery above and the other had a decidely downmarket interior in comparison (very GM-like). The people running the survery told us to only pay attention to the lower class interior and that our comments should only apply to that version. Not a good sign if you ask me.
I also like how Autoblog thinks this is the first time a Red G8 has appeared, anyone want to send them the links to the Holden debut of the car? ;)

#8 ·
McCarron: To me there is a big difference in the interiors that the Holden Commodores have. The SS-V interior is far superior than the regular SS interior.

I want an interior exactly or pretty damn close to the show car. Anything along the lines of a "normal" GM or Pontiac interior will suck.

#10 ·
I'll be the optimist, maybe they were showing the "cheap" interior for the Chevy version (not sure GM has publicly given the Chevy a green light). Pontiac is supposed to be a little more upscale and if the G8 comes with a cheap-o interior I will buy something else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.