Pontiac G8 GT - SEMA Edition - Page 2 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 11:33 PM

Here's the HSV GTS in Fusion/Brazen orange before it was discontinued.

Gold tint, deep metallic depth, extremely vibrant candy color. Cars like the G8 beg for a full palette of hues like this.

The copper/red tint on that SEMA G8 is amazing, like you could drown in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriShield View Post
I own Fusion/Brazen orange and it is anything but subtle. It turns heads everywhere I drive it and makes the car stand out. The color alone sold me on buying a GTO because it makes the car something to covet and unique.

The Ignition orange Holden replaced it with looks terrible in comparison. Too much red, too flat, and completely bland.

In fact the whole palette for this car leaves much to be desired for those of us who don't like blending in with traffic. I will probably wait until some more appealing combinations are added.

More colors like this tri-coat orange, Holden's Morpheous purple, Holden's Crunch yellow and even Holden's new green need to be offered for this car.

Dodge sure sells a ton of yellow, green and purple Chargers here. Give the G8 some eye-grabbing colors GM.
I hope they do the complete opposite of what you suggest. However, for some reason that I still can't describe, I do like the BOM on the GTO.
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Here's the HSV GTS in Fusion/Brazen orange before it was discontinued.

Gold tint, deep metallic depth, extremely vibrant candy color. Cars like the G8 beg for a full palette of hues like this.

The copper/red tint on that SEMA G8 is amazing, like you could drown in it.
Now that I like.

post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 07:54 AM
Cynical A$$hole

Quote:

Damn, that is one of the hottest BOM's I have seen. Those painted hood scoops and CV8-R rims really set it off. Nice.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GXP #807
MSM/Onyx A6 w/Roof

Purchased: 5/29/09

Mods:
CTS Auto-Dim Mirror, Homelink in Visor, Triple Atari Gauges, Garmin Nuvi 1450, Hawk Ceramic Pads, Roto-Fab, 35% Tint, ClearBra, Video In Park, VMR V710 19's, SLP Springs, Full BMR Bushing kit, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Sways, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Adjustable End links, BP Catchcan, VG Sharkfin, LED Interior/Trunk/Glovebox Ambient Lighting, SLP Lip Spoiler, iPad Ram Mount
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 08:23 AM

Sloloco: Did you think the car resembled any other car? And what did you think about seeing the G8 in person, definitely better than picturew (different)?

2009 White Hot G8 GT (stock)

* SOLD * 222/230 .597/.600 114+4 EPS Cam, Patrick G ECM/TCM Tune, Roto-Fab CAI, HSRK, Yank 3200 Torque Converter,
Transmission Cooler, Kooks 1 3/4" LT Headers, high flow cats, stock mufflers, Billet Prototypes Catch Can, UD Pulley,
Ported Intake Manifold, Spohn Trailing Arms

407 RWHP & 365 RWTQ

Best Time: 12.517 @ 115.02mph w/ 1.97 60' time - (on stock 18" AS Tires)
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 09:52 AM

GXP = 50 s car with the SEMA Concept rims!!!! Please make it so.

http://www.TheHumbler.net

2009 G8GT Sport Red/Blk/Auto SOLD ;0(
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilYellow View Post
GXP should at least be a LS3
I was just referring to the look, but yeah...

http://www.TheHumbler.net

2009 G8GT Sport Red/Blk/Auto SOLD ;0(
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 10:51 AM
Cynical A$$hole

Well, the GXP should be about performance and looks, not just one or the other (if I had make a choice though I would go for performance). And neither one of the SEMA G8's offer anything much different from a stock GT other than Special paint, rims and a stripe, it needs to at least have a different styled from bumper and a larger engine. And as for the LSX 427, I doubt we'll see it in the GXP b/c it would probably increase the MSRP by 8-10K. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a LS3.

Also I think someone posted how much the HSV GTS rims would be if you bought them out right and had them shipped from Australia. I think it was somewhere around $4000.00 USD.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GXP #807
MSM/Onyx A6 w/Roof

Purchased: 5/29/09

Mods:
CTS Auto-Dim Mirror, Homelink in Visor, Triple Atari Gauges, Garmin Nuvi 1450, Hawk Ceramic Pads, Roto-Fab, 35% Tint, ClearBra, Video In Park, VMR V710 19's, SLP Springs, Full BMR Bushing kit, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Sways, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Adjustable End links, BP Catchcan, VG Sharkfin, LED Interior/Trunk/Glovebox Ambient Lighting, SLP Lip Spoiler, iPad Ram Mount

Last edited by PMD G8; 10-31-2007 at 10:54 AM.
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 11:05 AM
g8g

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMD G8 View Post
Well, the GXP should be about performance and looks, not just one or the other (if I had make a choice though I would go for performance). And neither one of the SEMA G8's offer anything much different from a stock GT other than Special paint, rims and a stripe, it needs to at least have a different styled from bumper and a larger engine. And as for the LSX 427, I doubt we'll see it in the GXP b/c it would probably increase the MSRP by 8-10K. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a LS3.

Also I think someone posted how much the HSV GTS rims would be if you bought them out right and had them shipped from Australia. I think it was somewhere around $4000.00 USD.
I agree. I also think the GT should have had some kind of styling difference from the base model. Hopefully they add an aggressive styling package like the HSV's alond with the LS3. Please nothing like the beaver tooth G6!

I saw on a Aus website, CAPA, where you could buy HSV parts. The wheels were like 4500AUD. The rear bumper kit with the led tails and end caps, was about 5000AUD.
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMD G8 View Post
Damn, that is one of the hottest BOM's I have seen.
I am imagining what I can do with a G8 in that SEMA color.
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 06:18 PM

tri i love your car and i love that paint too, by far the best bom gto ive seen!!! but the fusion orange is slightly different(in appearance and code from my understanding)than brazen. however, i have not done a side by side comparison of these colors... either way, both colors would look amazing on the g8! i loved the orange and black theme i had on my FOM!

heres a shot of my old 03 gagtsct in fusion orange. i LOVED THIS COLOR!

chrish

Last edited by chill; 10-31-2007 at 06:22 PM.
post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 03:53 PM

I hate the chrome around the windows. No HUD anong other things. Guess I will keep my 05 GP GXP until the G8 GXP shows up. Maybe then it will have what I already have. I was very intersted in the 08 G8 but outside of more engine it doesn't offer me much. I will go down to my local Pontiac dealer when the G8 shows up in the showroom. But I won't need to take my checkbook.
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 08:54 PM

i agree, ill be waiting for the '09 model in hopes of colors, manual, some other options and yes, hud! maybe i should have got a gp gxp to hold me over...

chrish

-chrish-
post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilYellow View Post
A six-speed automatic transmission with Driver Shift Control backs the powerful small-block engine
Interesting they can't even figure out which tranny is in the car. It is clearly a 6sp MT.

The car looked great in person, although I am not a big fan of the Sentra SE-R wheels.
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Interesting they can't even figure out which tranny is in the car. It is clearly a 6sp MT.
FYI, they are not putting a manual in the gt production. which is what they were talking about i believe.

SIG IMAGE WAY TOO BIG<<<<<< oh mods.

Man you better slow your roll, let the numbers get low
Like a 55 stroll to move past the patrol
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 09:21 AM

I wish they would bring back the Brazin Orange. Guess I'll have to pay for a Brazin paint job. That is one gorgous car. I could think of some better finishing touches. But the base look is great.
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 10:31 AM
PPV

Ok this is an ancient thread but I came across a photo I took @ SEMA back in '07 of the concept car. Thought others would appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vicsbean likes this.

1970 SS454 Monte Carlo - triple black
1970 Convertible Mont Carlo
1970 K10 short wheel base
1971 SS454 Monte Carlo - Red with black gut & top
2009 Silverado 1500
2013 9C1 - black
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-08-2017, 07:23 PM

This one is sweet

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-08-2017, 08:16 PM

2007 and it basically had GXP wheels. I did a search and those wheels weren't on the '07 or '08 Commodore.

'09 Pacific Slate G8 GT,1900 Magnacharger cog drive. Engine rebuilt by Texas Speed and Performance with some very nice parts. Airaid intake, Kooks 1 7/8" lt's, cats, midpipe, SLP PowerFlow exhaust. Pedders lowered touring package. Baer Pro front brakes. ForgeStar F14 GunMetal 19x8.5 Michelin Pilot Sport a/s. '78 El Camino. 2008 model Blue Heeler.
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-08-2017, 10:30 PM

WOW. Talk about reviving an old thread. At least the first revival had a pic to it.

2009.5 SBM GT: Lots of show with some go.
The garage queen.

2008 IOM GT: Some go, working on the show.
The daily driver.

2004 Blazer Xtreme: Lots of go.
Sold and will be missed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page