Official G8 GXP Numbers Care of GMI - Page 2 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 11:04 PM
Gig
Hillbilly Hell Raiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBBGXP View Post
As I posted before, has anyone heard of when the "certified" HP numbers for the '09 L76 will be out? The site posted above only shows "preliminary" numbers for the L76, is it getting a bump up too?
Anyone heard this info yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 09:29 AM
US Ute whore

Quote:
Not a little low, WAY LOW! If the same engine in the G8 will go for around $40k (with all the bells and whistles) a stripped version in the Camaro will not start at $25K. But nice try, even if a bit of wishful thinking!
A stripped version of the Camaro (V6) will start around $25K. I would hope GM isn't stupid enough to have a $5K leap between G8 & Camaro with the same engines.
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Red Sox Nation !!!

Quote:
Not a little low, WAY LOW! If the same engine in the G8 will go for around $40k (with all the bells and whistles) a stripped version in the Camaro will not start at $25K. But nice try, even if a bit of wishful thinking!

Wait and see. Pricring will be announced before December. $25,999 for a base V8.

post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screw991le View Post
Wait and see. Pricring will be announced before December. $25,999 for a base V8.
26k for a V8 which will probably get GG tax? Not saying you are wrong, but do you have any facts to support this or is it just personal speculation??? If so please share with the rest of us.
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screw991le View Post
That is believable, but emphasis on the BASE. That is no options. "Well equipped will probably put you near 30."
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edfiero View Post
That is believable, but emphasis on the BASE. That is no options. " "Well equipped will probably put you near 30.
Some perspective here, a 2002 Camaro SS new was nearly $28K, I know, I owned one. That is 8 MYs ago, plus inflation. It was a basically low tech platform, which is not the case with the new version. Don't know what your definition of "well equipped" is, (don't think Bill Clinton is hiding in the weeds on this!) but you might see a base V6 "well equipped" for under $30K, but no way under the sun will you see a "well equipped" Z28/SS for under/around or near $30K! Especially since they just raised the price of a "well equipped" G8 GT to just under $35K! IMHO that is!
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Red Sox Nation !!!

Quote:
Some perspective here, a 2002 Camaro SS new was nearly $28K, I know, I owned one. That is 8 MYs ago, plus inflation. It was a basically low tech platform, which is not the case with the new version. Don't know what your definition of "well equipped" is, (don't think Bill Clinton is hiding in the weeds on this!) but you might see a base V6 "well equipped" for under $30K, but no way under the sun will you see a "well equipped" Z28/SS for under/around or near $30K! Especially since they just raised the price of a "well equipped" G8 GT to just under $35K! IMHO that is!

Yes but the SS is now the base version of the V8. The Z28 is gone. GM has already announced the SS will compare in price and equipment to the Rustangs.

My BASE 99Z28 was $18k The SS was top of the line 8 years ago. So now just reverse it.
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 12:55 PM

So, the 400+hp Camaro will be about the same price as the 300+hp Mustang?

2009 SRM GT - Premium, Sport, Sunroof - HSV triple gauges and trim, HSV Supersport Red/Black Steering Wheel, GXP rear sway bar, GXP Diffuser, Rotofab, SOLO Axlebacks, Magnaflow Cats, Red Hot shift knob, Autodim mirror, Removed intake cover, Chrome lug nut covers, Infinity door speakers, 10" DVC RF Sub, Switchbacks, Slotted rotors & Braided stainless brake hoses, Cortex tuner

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Wikoff View Post
So, the 400+hp Camaro will be about the same price as the 300+hp Mustang?

Pssssst! Yeah right! I'll stick with what I've said and be hugely surprised if its less! And I don't care which way you play the badging, SS/Z28 or Z28/SS they both are highend V8s and will have the price to prove it!
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 11:59 AM

looks like 90% of you guys were completely wrong on it.

a base SS is decently equipped and 30,995.

a base V6 is 23,000.

current cars:
08 G8 GT stock
07 NBS Silverado Black; L76, stock

Sold:
03 Silverado SS, Black; tune, cam, CAI, UDP, catback
05 Mustang Black; headers, CAI, CMDP, shifter
99 Camaro SS, 346->383->408 to on fire...
post #31 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 383ss;109555[B
]looks like 90% of you guys were completely wrong on it. [/B]

a base SS is decently equipped and 30,995.

a base V6 is 23,000.
Not yet we aren't! Since none are in showrooms yet, its hard to say what that window sticker will have on it! As far as a "decently" equipped SS under $32K, again, I'll wait for that window sticker before I cry Uncle! And the V6 is the "value" price grabber for the masses. You more than likely wont find a big following in the enthusiast crowd!
post #32 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 05:08 PM

Riiiight...

The GXP is going to be $38,995... anyone thinking any different is going to be pissed.

~LSx
post #33 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Aint First, Your last..

I just got an 09 g8 Gt, from an Infiniti g35 coupe, and before that a Bimmer. You all know the G8 rips for 30K, but sucks down the gas, and who know where Pontiac will be in a few years?? That being said the GXP is going to be a tough sell, and im sure a gas guzzler, and how much more do you need than the gt, unless your headed to the track. I know there are people that want one (Including me) but as far as being practical-timing could not be worse for GM. I work for a finance co. that finances a good amount of equipment for GM, we have cut them off, period, so have most all of there other funding sources. Will see...

NEP OTR Intake
V-Badges
post #34 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 07:09 PM
G8 GT - Sports and Pre Pg

yeah, it's not likely to start at 25K. That's Mustang turf.

fcsuper
fcsuper's unofficial Pontiac G8 Experience
Magnetic Grey Metallic
Stock with Premium/Sports/Moonroof packages
Splash guards and a custom mix of Commodore interior trim
New in Colorado
post #35 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 05:16 AM

Just thought you'd like to know they just bumped the prices on Commodore SSV by $10KAUS in the last few days. Also regular SV6 is now available with 18 wheels and leather for $29K AUS drive away price, that also a $10k bump.
post #36 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernysp76 View Post
Just thought you'd like to know they just bumped the prices on Commodore SSV by $10KAUS in the last few days. Also regular SV6 is now available with 18 wheels and leather for $29K AUS drive away price, that also a $10k bump.
Is this like a semi-truck? Tractor and trailer = 18 wheels? That would be one hell of an AWD setup!
post #37 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktoyota View Post
nice car, good looking. if you are looking for auto parts then you have to visit [FONT="Book
Antiqua"]theautopartsshop.com[/font]
, you will find all your need.

---------
Buy Low Price Pontiac Trans Sport Wheel Hub Assembly, Clutch Kit, Brake Rotor, headlights, Brake Caliper, shock Absorber, Door Mirror, Strut Assembly,

Alternator, Exhaust Manifold at theautopartsshop.com

Pontiac Trans Sport Headlight
Pontiac Trans Sport Door Mirror
Pontiac Trans Sport Oxygen Sensor

Can we Ban this Troll already

Mods: 160 T-Stat, Custom intake tube, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids, Borla Catback, HIDs (5000k), Tint (20%), Beyern 5 Chrome 19x8.5 wheels, Tuned by Shane
On the Way: nothing yet
post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktoyota View Post
nice car, good looking. if you are looking for auto parts then you have to visit theautopartsshop.com, you will find all your need.

---------
Buy Low Price Pontiac Trans Sport Wheel Hub Assembly, Clutch Kit, Brake Rotor, headlights, Brake Caliper, shock Absorber, Door Mirror, Strut Assembly,

Alternator, Exhaust Manifold at theautopartsshop.com

Pontiac Trans Sport Headlight
Pontiac Trans Sport Door Mirror
Pontiac Trans Sport Oxygen Sensor
post #39 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 01:39 PM

I've been seeing GXP's with $40K - $42K on the window stickers. Have a dealership locally that has about 6 or so on the lot right now in different colors. With the cash back, etc. being offered you can acquire one for around $36K if you work it right. Would have loved to get one, but think my recent G8 GT purchase was a much better deal for the $, plus reg. unleaded and no gas guzzler tax.

BTW, most probably already know but here is what the various Camaro models are priced at: Base V6 $23,040, Base SS, $31,040 with a fully optioned SS2 going for well over $40K. I'm still happy I bought by G8 GT.

[looks like the link doesn't work sorry]

post #40 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 10:42 PM

please this is a great car and we will never see this across the pond deals happen any time soon at least with this power and motion to save a brand... i can only hope that gm will bring pontiac back to life and when they do they do it with even more help from the other side of the pond and more power period...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page