Pontiac G8 to Pace Grand Am Rolex Races - Page 3 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 08:39 PM

Garage
Sweet Now thats 1 rare CAR to own

On 22's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 06:57 PM

Anybody know where to find some high resolution pics. of the G8 Pace Car? I would like to add it to my screen saver. I did a google image search but didn't come up with anything high resolution.

[SIGPIC]https://www.g8board.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic16075_2.gif[/SIGPIC]David

2008 Pontiac G8 GT: Panther Black Metallic, Premium Pkg., Sunroof, Stock for now.
2008 Pontiac Torrent GXP: Deep Blue Metallic (wifey)
Former car: 1997 Camaro Z28 - Totaled
post #43 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 02:12 PM

post #44 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28toG8 View Post
Anybody know where to find some high resolution pics. of the G8 Pace Car? I would like to add it to my screen saver. I did a google image search but didn't come up with anything high resolution.
Does anyone have the high-res. i have been looking for them as well and have turned up none. i thought for sure i would find videos of it pacing laps as well on youtube but did not find those either, just one in car video.

best i found

post #45 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 06:27 PM

I had no idea...glad the care got some recognition in its limited two year production run!
post #46 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 09:59 PM

Was looking through some racing pictures today, noticed these. Had no idea I caught the G8 pace car on camera, at the time I didn't even know about the G8 at all.

2009 PBM G8 GT - Vararam CAI, Solo Mach Shorty Balanced Catback, Eibach lowering springs, BMR End Links and Front strut bushings, Hawk HPS brake pads, Russell SS brake lines, VMR V701 18x9.5 Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 Tires 275/40/18
post #47 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvgmman View Post
Does anyone have . . . . . [/IMG]
.................................................. .................................................. .........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G8 Pace Car 08.jpg (154.5 KB, 39 views)

3.14 bOi
post #48 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 08:21 PM
Slowly gaining acceptance

I know there's nothing quite making your forum debut by resurrecting a really old thread, but found this on cars.com while looking for a G8. I'm sure others have seen it.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...7299/overview/
post #49 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimal View Post

I know there's nothing quite making your forum debut by resurrecting a really old thread, but found this on cars.com while looking for a G8. I'm sure others have seen it.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...7299/overview/
Yeah they have been asking way too much for over a year now.
post #50 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
It's an ultra low mileage G8, which has its charms, but you would ruin most of its potential value by peeling off all the ugly graphics.
This is one of those cars I could see at a Barrett-Jackson years from now.
post #51 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Quote:
It's an ultra low mileage G8, which has its charms, but you would ruin most of its potential value by peeling off all the ugly graphics.
This is one of those cars I could see at a Barrett-Jackson years from now.
It's a pace car collectors car. Pace car collectors want indy and daytona pace cars not grandam. Also all the pictures I have of the grandam pace cars have v6 wheels I don't have any pictures with the 19"s so I found that odd always with this car too.
post #52 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
It's a pace car collectors car. Pace car collectors want indy and daytona pace cars not grandam. Also all the pictures I have of the grandam pace cars have v6 wheels I don't have any pictures with the 19"s so I found that odd always with this car too.
This is different. This is an actual pace car. The Indy 500 pace cars that everyone collects are limited edition replicas, but the actual race used pace cars are generally retained by IMS or - on very rare occasions - returned to the manufacturer or awarded to the driver. They very rarely are offered for sale, and when they do, they go for coin.

This is more like the PPG IndyCar World Series pace cars that are available for sale. Some of them are one-off customs and fetch a pretty penny, but some of them are production cars that, while not quite as valuable, still command a premium because they were actually used in one or more races.
post #53 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 09:23 PM

Quote:
This is different. This is an actual pace car. The Indy 500 pace cars that everyone collects are limited edition replicas, but the actual race used pace cars are generally retained by IMS or - on very rare occasions - returned to the manufacturer or awarded to the driver. They very rarely are offered for sale, and when they do, they go for coin.

This is more like the PPG IndyCar World Series pace cars that are available for sale. Some of them are one-off customs and fetch a pretty penny, but some of them are production cars that, while not quite as valuable, still command a premium because they were actually used in one or more races.
I think this car is way overpriced maybe 22,.000.00.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]K&N CAI, Pypes headers, Solo HFC's,Solo axle backs, Custom tune, FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.Little lunati cam,SLP 25 %UDP, AC tensioner upgrade.15% tint.12" sub woofer with amp.Future upgrade Power slot rotors & posi quiet pads.

V6 Spectre CAI, Original Overkill tune,FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, BMR Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.12" sub woofer with amp.
post #54 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-21-2016, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norton13 View Post
I think this car is way overpriced maybe 22,.000.00.
If you're buying it as a driver and your first task is to peel the graphics off of it, you're probably right. I could see it getting $27k-$30k from the right collector.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page