Pontiac G8 Forum banner

3 09.5 GT's just popped up...and they aren't red!

7K views 38 replies 18 participants last post by  jrc1122 
#1 ·
2 White ones and 1 silver.

All with sport and premium!

If interested LMK and I can set up a deal.

#2 ·
AHH! First child for a MGM? Seriously...

Interesting, I know of a few black ones in the DFW area, 1 silver, and about to be a white one. Its a bit scary know inventories when I dont even work as a sales guy.

Bump for you Nino, but seriously yell at someone for a MGM. My days are counting down :(

#22 ·
How the heck is that? My 590 is the only thing stopping me from getting my G8 because NOBODY will finance me, even with a large down payment, I cannot even be primary.

:cursin:

#10 ·
Absolutely. But with that much down it somewhat defeats the purpose of taking 0%. You really wont save as much versus the 3000 rebates even with a high rate.
Oh, so you can only have one or the other? Not both 0% with 3,000 in rebates? My main purpose of the large down payment is to keep the payment below $300.

#11 ·
Correct, as it's always been. Rebates or financing. Figure out what works best, if it works at all for you.

#15 ·
No one really knows at this point, but setting Pontiac up for a closing as early as 2010 is pretty aggressive on GM's part

#16 ·
Ill make a new post to tell you what I know...

But, basically from what all the dealers were saying in the room on the conference... If you think its going to be a fire sale on Pontiacs you are sadly mistaken...Expecially on the G8's. Expect to see some dealers raising the prices on GT's and GXP's.

#18 ·
Well, from a dealers perspective...

With the GXP production having been done, being as small as it is, and nothing similar being available any time soon they feel like they need to hold them now.

Frankly, if I had the money I would buy a second one just to keep in storage now LOL

I am usually one of those guys that makes fun of people for doing it, but knowing how few were actually built this could be a true instant classic.

I am really glad I got mine and extremely happy for all the customers that took advantage of the prices I offered them for because at this point, I am not even allowed to post MSRP's on the ones I have coming.

#21 ·
I can understand the dealerships mindset with trying to hoard the G8's now since the news, but in the end, it will not matter. I am willing to bet that because of this news, "everyone" and I use this term loosley is not going to say, "I need to run out an buy a Pontiac before there gone" not gonna happen. Especially since Pontiac sales haven't been the greatest, and I would say that 75% of the population doesn't even know the G8 exists.

Unfortunately, this is gong to crush a lot of BPG's dealerships, which is what the General wants and hate to say needs to happen. GM is in a rebuilding mode now and a lot of people are going to feel the pain.

Nino, I am not trying to bash you or anything because you have been great to this board, but what you said about the dealerships is disturbing, its that same narrow minding thinking, "Lets see how we can make a few bucks before the end" that many GM dealerships have had over the years is why they are in the position they are. I hope you dealership has enough other volume to keep going. But as others have discussed, many potential Pontiac buyers will not be buying a Pontiac now, and most likely nothing else from GM.

#23 ·
josh_4184 : Like I said, I am speculating this on the GXP's mainly. The GT's perhaps when supply runs low. There just aren't alot of GXP's out there and people do want them. I have lost all my control because of this news because noone knows how it will go. GM Inventory has show a huge decline in the stock of G8's since this news started with people expecting them to be gone.

TechKnow : Did I try yet?

#24 ·
TechKnow : Did I try yet?[/quote]

Yeah, about 8 weeks ago. My situation has improved a little bit, but my mortgage company is being really slow with reporting that my house has been settled. Its always something... :banghead:

Only thing I got so far was that GMAC was going to do the deal at 2.9% with $7k down, but they wanted to make my co-signer primary and me co! Talk about jumping through hoops! I wonder if I throw in a few sacrificial virgins would help?

#33 ·
Nino, Could you tell me what a good out-the-door price (minus TTL) would be for a 09.5 G8 GT (silver/black) with the performance and sports pkgs. I see some in the southeast US with msrp's of $34290.00. I am eligible for the CU discount and have seen your posts where you mention pricing at pure flat cost - invoice, minus holdback minus rebate. Thanks in advance for your help. You are an invaluable resource.

Tom...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.