Pontiac G8 Forum banner

G8s in Utah

8K views 63 replies 24 participants last post by  1998silverbird 
#1 ·
I know there aren't too many G8s in Utah and even less that frequent this forum but if there are any others out there it would be fun to get together and drive. The open invitation is now, um, open...

#3 ·
I'm down in Provo actually...but I'm in Salt Lake fairly frequently. How long have you had your G8? Any mods yet?

#4 ·
I frequent Salt Lake and Park City but not with a G8.

#8 ·
My buddy has a GXP...I told him to check out this thread since he is a member GXP4Romski but looks like he has not.

Anyways he is in Provo (so am I, but I lack a G8 and just want one for the wifey) and I took him to East Canyon today (opened yesterday) to show him what his car can do (150 at one point and lots of tail out fun in the twisties...eek!!!).

Wonder if Cobb can tune ya'll...I mean it should be easier to tune than a FI subaru/mazda/mitsubishi

#9 ·
Well i guess Boxer4 already did my intro...but i did get my MSM A6 09.5 G8 GXP end of april and i love it so much. Put a 1000 miles on it already.

I'm in Provo right now till fall(possibly). I saw a white G8 GT today on state and also met a family guy with a black G8 GT. How many are in Happy Valley?

Marquis where do you live? I'm in Old Academy. I am always down for a good cruise. Also have you done any mods? Looks like you have...I would love to chat with you about what you have done.

#10 ·
You and Marquis should go to my "pseudo" track at Marleys and base line that G8 gt with the GXP. At least Marquis will know where an OTS tune got him. I probably would not tag along just for ego sake :)....ah, maybe I will....I love those wheels on Marquis's sport package as well!

#11 ·
Hey nice to see some more g8s in Utah i live in springville, i got a black g8 gt was thinking about trading mine in for a gxp and being the first in the county with one. Harmons said i was the first with the gt but sounds like someone beat me on the gxp, it was a joke hearing harmons excuses about where my car was when it shipped from austrailia, but a good peice of advice for black owners use a good wax (no store brand stuff go online) get some thick microfibers, and a quick detailer you want a polymer or silicone they will help repell dust sence the dust is going to be your biggest enemy. I try spending an hour a day detailing, if you can spend 30 min a day youll be happy you did do not neglect to wash or wax our cars paint sucks ass. ive had mine for a year and i couldnt be happier i got a superchips for mine and it made a big differnce, i was told the chip would put it at stock level as the gxp. winter driving sucks unless you have had rear drive befor, i almost took the car back because i was so dissapointed with the driveabilty in the snow.
But if you got any questions let me know, maybe some day will all have to meet up and cruise. if you want a good test on handeling go up hobble creek canyon and go about 60-70 the whole way up and take left hand when you go past the golf course and youll get a good feel for it:driving:

#12 ·
^That is a fun ride (Hobble Creek). I have taken it a couple of times all the way to where the bridge is and the rest is dirt. Lots of blink corners and negative camber turns...scurred me a couple of times....so I only go about 7 or 8 tenths. We need to go do an east canyon run...you can hit the twisties and find your limiter :)

#15 ·
another great canyon drive is spanishfork canyon sheep creek.
When i got my car i wanted to break the suspension in, so i went there because we go hunting up that area all the time and i know what types of turns there are. After i took this run i felt more comfortable with how far a could push my limits when i need to. my ******* puckered up so tight on some of those corners, going about 70-80 you can feel the force pulling you. anyways great run highly recommend.

#20 ·
Random Question.

who drives the Red G8 ive been seeing driving around in Springville?
Ive also noticed the silver GXP up in Mapleton at that gas station/subway.
its just rare to see any in springville sence as far as i know i am the only resident with one so when i do see one they stick out.
How come this threads so dead????
anyone in utah had there G8 on the recall?

#22 ·
anyone in utah had there G8 on the recall?
I owned a G8 GT for awhile, had the recall done, took about 10 minutes.

But now I have a GXP instead of the GT, so I need to have the recall done, again.

I'm in North Davis County and have not seen any other GXP's up here, yet, and I think I've seen a grand total of two GT's.

#24 ·
what's up local friends? sorry i haven't been on the site in forever, I've had a ton of things come up recently but I think we should all get together for a cruise sometime...especially those of us in UT County...and it seems like there are more than a few of us which is awesome.

Dukeofpg I can't believe there are 3 just in your neighborhood. I live in a less than high quality neighborhood of Provo so there aren't too many decent cars around so I'm hard pressed to see one any where around where I live.

I'm also interested to see how the new cam is working for you g860...I've been so tempted by it but do not have the money :( Did you go w/ a cam that still has DOD?

By the way, any of you in Utah interested in the Kooks axelbacks V2? I'm in a money crunch and am thinking about selling em. I took em off a couple weeks ago and I miss the roar of the 6.0. It makes me a bit sad...

#25 ·
I went with the 17/8 american racing headers and non dod cam courtesy of new era performance swap was simple did the cam headers and did a street tune with the help of mike all in a weekend I would be interested in your mufflers if you still have them especially if you still have the stocks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.