Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Hurst Performance Announces High Output Version of Pontiac G8

14K views 43 replies 31 participants last post by  ScreaminChick-n 
#1 ·

Hurst Performance Vehicles is looking to send the Pontiac brand out with a bang as it prepares to launch a high output version of the G8 sedan. In collaboration with automotive legend "Doc" Watson, Hurst will build 52 G8 models models complete with superchargers, suspension modifications, custom interior, wheels, a Hurst shifter and, of course, the company's iconic white/gold and black/gold colors.

The Hurst/Pontiac G8 H.O. will be a modern day version of George Hurst's "Executive Hot Rod."

Along with those G8 models, Hurst will also build 10 G6 Convertibles.

"Doc started all of this with George back in 1960 with Hurst Performance Research. His Hurst H.O. Pontiacs have stormed drag strips and main streets across the country for 50 years," said Hurst Chairman, Nate Shelton. "There could not be a better time to honor Doc and the legendary Pontiac marque."

Over those 50 years Watson is responsible for bringing over 80 different performance vehicles (both for the street and the track) to life.

Specifics like power output and price are not yet available but will be made public on August 1st on the Hurst website: www.hurst-performance.com

More: Hurst Performance Announces High Output Version of Pontiac G8 on AutoGuide.com

See less See more
#2 ·
This is pretty cool news. I'm sure that like the SLP G8 Firehawk it will cost an arm and a leg. The folks who can afford one will be pretty lucky though. It harkens back to the days of the Hurst SSJ Grand Prix of the early '70's. I still love the look of those cars! The artist renderings look very sharp, and I like them better than the G8 Firehawk.

#4 ·
hmm cant wait to see if hurst will produce the parts there using on the G8 ...id take a shifter if they produce em

#9 ·
I'd like to have one, but I'm sure I won't be able to afford it. Should make a nice collector car though. I told the wife yesterday at dinner that I think we should buy another G8...she was like WHAAAAT? I told her she could take mine and I'd get a GXP, but I think I would rather have one of these. Local dealer has a really pretty Stryker Blue GXP sitting there along with 4 or 5 other GXP's.

#11 ·
That is pretty cool. My dad had an 83 Hurst Olds back when I was a kid. Lots of good memories of that car. Since then I've always been a fan of Hurst cars.

#12 ·
#15 ·
Hurst Olds lol.

Those pics remind me very much of the Hurst Oldsmobiles...

#25 ·
Sadly no.

#23 ·
Alright, showing us some love! RIP Pontiac. Man, if I had extra money to through around I'd buy a spare G8. :)

#26 ·
thats awsome to see a company like hurst doing this as a send off for pontiac...i see a price tag of 45k-50k

#27 ·
i was wondering the same think when i read the article.... what 2010s?

my guess is they will take remaining 09 stock and sell them during the 2010 model year.

either way... i hope it actually happens

#29 ·
Specifics like power output and price are not yet available but will be made public on August 1st on the Hurst website: www.hurst-performance.com
It's August 5th down here and still nothing more about this beast on the Hurst website. I hope Hurst are better with their delivery dates than they are with their media release dates. :zzz:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.