Pontiac G8 Forum banner

HSV Center Caps

9K views 42 replies 19 participants last post by  ergeoverkill 
#1 · (Edited)
Up for sale are brand new HSV center caps that will fit a 63mm opening, just a hair under 2 1/2 inches, for $40 per set shipped to your door in the lower US!! Other wheels I am not sure about, so please measure. Color options are Black, Red, Blue, Orange and Yellow. Send me a PM if you're interested. Limited quantities available!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
Dang, fits the Camaro wheels......

If you had white they would be sold now.
let me think about the colors.

Thanks

Reactions: wolfman1192
#5 ·
Can someone, anyone - educate me as to why so many G8 owners want the look of a Holden? And what is the story behind the mystique of a Holden vs a Pontiac ? I just cant seem to grasp it. I have seen full on conversions and I ask myself, why ?

#6 ·
Truth be told, every single G8 is a rebadged Holden Commodore built in Elizabeth Australia. Holden badging and conversion add a certain uniqueness to the car and pay homage to its roots.

I personally have a converted HSV E3 clubsport and love that fact that no one knows what the car is, unless they are a true car enthusiast.

#8 ·
Couldn't someone just remove the Pontiac Badges and the GM badge, and have the same effect if somebody not knowing what it is unless there are car enthusiast? It's almost like some people are embarrassed to drive a Pontiac, but others are not... Some people just want to make it seem like it's something other than the Pontiac... Cool though.

#9 ·
A lot of people have removed the badges for effect, but I wouldn't necessarily say that they are embarrassed to drive a Pontiac. My car was debadged within six months of ownership in 2009, other than the front bumper due to the holes left behind, and remained that way until 2017. I debadged the car because it looked cleaner and for no other reason. However, once the HSV E3 bumper was attainable, I knew I had to have it. Other than the expense, I have zero regrets. Then it kind of became an obsession for me since the car is no longer my daily driver.

Now it's just a matter of getting the rest of the parts installed or painted. It will be a one of a kind in the states as I don't believe anyone has done a true E3 conversion, inside and out. As they say, to each his own.

#11 ·
I think if you go all the way, like Wolfman did with HSV parts (still need the fenders though) I get it, but the guys who just throw lion badges ( or 3 foot decals) on otherwise stock bodied G8's or SS's just look like posers. No different than guys who put Honda badges on stock Acuras, etc. So many guys have done it that not having done it is cooler now. Like not having tattoos and piercings is becoming more rare than having them.

#12 ·
Well if we’re gonna talk crap about Holden conversions then we gotta talk crap about gxp bumpers and defusers on GTs and v6 cars, manual swaps because “your car is an automatic” and Crawford’s “Holden winter nationals” meet because they’re all pontiacs.

The lion badges are cooler, they’re a mystery to most people. As car guys we all love talking about our cars and the re badging to what the car actually is is a conversation starter.

#13 ·
.. then we gotta talk crap about gxp bumpers and defusers on GTs and v6 cars...
Purchased a GXP diffuser since it's easier than the GT diffuser to clean. No intentions on trying to emulate nor mirror a GXP by any stretch of the imagination. Let's get these HSV center caps sold.

#16 ·
Sorry for the noob question, but are these made to fit stock wheels, or..? I saw someone say they fit Camaro wheels. Just curious - I like the idea (although I would want black).

#18 ·
Fitment On Stock Rims

Re: I’ll pull this Reply down if I’ve got the fitment backwards...hole too small or too large.

Hiya,
At the outset of this post for these Center caps, I too was curious regarding the fitment. I was just thinking though; If the HSV caps are smaller than the stock GM Pontiac, Cadillac, or Camaro rim holes (hole larger than cap), I don’t see why a large ‘O’ Ring or other similar filler wouldn’t work ? We’re only looking at what, 3mm or thereabouts, with some good LocTite or PermaTex epoxy adhesive would do the trick.

Dave - GTO3DEUCES

#19 ·
Re: I’ll pull this Reply down if I’ve got the fitment backwards...hole too small or too large.

Hiya,
At the outset of this post for these Center caps, I too was curious regarding the fitment. I was just thinking though; If the HSV caps are smaller than the stock GM Pontiac, Cadillac, or Camaro rim holes (hole larger than cap), I don’t see why a large ‘O’ Ring or other similar filler wouldn’t work ? We’re only looking at what, 3mm or thereabouts, with some good LocTite or PermaTex epoxy adhesive would do the trick.

Dave - GTO3DEUCES

These are considerably larger than the SS or Camaro center caps. I'm probably gonna see if I can attach them to the stock caps but I'm not sure it'll work or even sit flush.

#20 · (Edited)
Alright so time for an update. I have both the Camaro ss rims and the SS Sedan rims. What I found out was that if you remove the chevy logos from the center caps, you have a nice base to attach the HSV logos. I used Permatex adhesive in both cases. The SS Sedan centercaps are better suited for this project. I used a small screwdriver to remove the HSV logos and a generous amount of adhesive. Centering them is quite easy. End result is a good fit.

Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Automotive tire

Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Automotive tire

If using the Camaro centercaps, then they sit in further and removing the tabs from the HSV caps to adhere the entire base to the cap is necessary. Again I used a generous amount of Permatex and a little touch up paint to make it work. Not as flush as I'd like but they're original so I'll live with it.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Full-size car

Alloy wheel Wheel Tire Rim Auto part

All in all can it be done? Yes. But I would choose the SS Sedan centercaps as the base for a cleaner fit.

#21 ·
SO...........will the center caps on the SS wheels fit the 2010 Camaro SS wheels ??

#23 ·
They will not fit without modifications. See Blue's post above
Ok the GXP and 2010 Camaro wheels have a 60mm opening. The inner retainer part of the Camaro is only 49mm and the GXP is 55mm.

Are the GT, GXP and SS center caps the same size ?
The GXP caps would fit the Camaro wheels if the inner bore of where the cap locks in was ground down a bit.

I want Holden caps for the Camaro wheels, still trying to figure this out.

#26 ·
Unfortunately that's the way they come, chrome lion on black. If you want to order them, check out my website Commodore Specialties. Google for the link, need to follow the forum rules [emoji6]

#36 ·
I'd like to say WOW FAST !

Seriously I ordered the caps from wolfman's website on Saturday late afternoon......

and they came in my door this morning before noon !
NO FREIGHT CHARGE.

from New Jersey to New Mexico :)

NICE JOB Marc !!!
Thank You.

#40 ·
Re-read post #26.

Site says on vacation, they will be back online 8/23.

FYI I've bought a handful of things from Marc. Quick, honest and helpful. Sort of a new version of Crazy Paul!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.