2009 G8 (V6) for sale - Guelph, Ontario - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

2009 G8 (V6) for sale - Guelph, Ontario

2009 G8 - V6 1SD Sport Red Metallic, 207,598 km - $5,750.00 CAD, OBO

Up for sale is my 2009 Pontiac G8. I have had the car since new (April 2009) and have thoroughly enjoyed it. It has 207,598 km on it at the time of this writing and is beginning to show its age. I have already bought a replacement car to use every day and so need to find a new home for the G8.

It is the V6 version and comes with both the sunroof and leather seat packages. This was referred to as the 1SD package originally. The paint is Sport Red Metallic and the interior is black leather.

The car currently has on the winter tires (wheels and rubber) and the original summer rims are included. I am on my second set of summer rubber (approximately 47,000 km on current summer tires) though the winter tires are the same ones I have had all along. They have approximately 86,000 km on them. The tire pressure sensors are installed on the summer rims. There are no sensors in the winter rims.

Car has power seats, heated seats, 6-disc CD changer, XM/Sirius satellite radio (no current subscription). All the switches, gadgets and gizmos on the car work as intended. The interior has been well maintained, the exterior less so thanks to the weather and parking lot people.

Known issues or deficiencies are as follows:

The paint has not held up terribly well. There are spots on each of the wheel wells where it has started to peel away from the metal. The rears are worse than the fronts. There are also a few different door dings compliments of various oblivious slobs in parking lots over the years. The front hood area has some stone chips noticeable as well.

Underneath, the exhaust is showing the years and the mileage. The car was driven in ten Canadian winters and there are various parts of the exhaust that need attention. Notably, the gasket that goes between the muffler and flex coupling on both sides needs replacing. I am also told there is a hole in the exhaust somewhere in or near the "resonator" towards the middle of the car. The car passed the Ontario emissions test in August of this year to allow me to get my license plate sticker renewed. That's either telling me the exhaust system isn't actually that bad, the testing is a BS money grab, or the condition of the exhaust system only changed recently. We can look together if you're interested.

I suspect the rear carrier support bearing needs replacement. This is my own diagnosis after feeling a thud of sorts taking off from a stand still. It is only intermittent, but persistent.

The power steering will make noises occasionally, though not consistently. I have flushed out the power steering fluid and the level and condition of the fluid looks fine. It may be a fluid issue or it may be something else.

The hazards switch on the dash sticks from time to time. Seems like when you push it, the lip of the switch is catching and doesn't spring back out without some fiddling. I suspect if one was able to remove the dash cover and reposition the switch it would be fine, but that is just a guess as I'm not familiar with how to remove the dash and don't feel like breaking anything in there while trying to figure it out.

The outside mirror on the driver's side tends to rattle in the wind. I believe it is more the plastic trim piece connected to the mirror than the mirror itself.

The passenger side rear license plate light bulb fixture got melted when I replaced a bulb and didn't get it clipped in all the way. I have since replaced the bulb with an LED that doesn't get hot and secured that new bulb in the melted fixture. Those plastic fixtures are not readily available or I would have just bought a new one.

There are a couple clips broken on the underside of the driver's side engine cover. This is the half you remove to get at the oil filter. I suspect it got snapped when someone changing the oil pulled or pushed on it too hard not knowing the clip wasn't aligned. It stays secure to the engine with the clips that remain, but thought I'd mention it all the same.

The car comes with two folding key fobs, one rigid key fob, and one skinny plastic valet key. I did not allow the dealership to alter my switch blade keys with the recall they put out a couple years ago.

I replaced the battery with new in January of 2018.

Brake rotors and pads were replaced on all four in the Spring of 2016.

I have replaced a variety of light bulbs in the car over the years, a couple door latches got replaced as that has become a known failure point, and the front sway bar end links have been done twice.

The front passenger side corner got crunched in a parking lot in October of 2015. About $4k worth of repairs were done and covered by insurance. The guy that hit the car (while I was in the store) stuck around, mostly because someone else saw it happen and his company name and phone number was on the side of his vehicle. He said he wasn't paying attention when he turned too close in his cube van and pulled the front bumper off starting at the wheel well. So the repairs included a new rim, fender, headlight housing, trim and repaint and some loss of my faith in humanity from this guy's obliviousness. The repairs were done well but they were needed and so anyone buying this car has the right to know that history.

I have had a great experience with this car and would have bought a new one in 2018 if I could have. But, alas, no more Pontiac and no more Holden Commodore for that matter either. Thanks GM. I am offering it up for sale at $5,750.00 Canadian, or best offer. It is currently licensed, registered and plated and sits in my driveway in Guelph, Ontario.

I can be reached via PM on the forum here (I will get an email notification also through that PM). I didn't think to take a photo with the car and a piece of paper showing my username in it. I did take a photo or two showing my other car from my username in the background, so hopefully that will suffice.

IMG_2089.jpg

IMG_2090.jpg

IMG_2091.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

IMG_2093.jpg

Note to moderator: I have many more photos of the car to upload, but reached the maximum in this initial post. Once approved, I'll add the rest either as an edit to this post or as an additional post in the same thread. Thanks.

"Could you describe the ruckus, sir?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Approved. GLWS

-2009.5 MSM Premium GT-

Mods: Forged 6.0, 3600 Coan, GPI SS3 Cam, Milled LS3 Heads, VCM, RCR Intake, tuned by GPI.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

My email directly is: canadiandelorean3937 @ gmail . com (in case a PM doesn't get to me)

Additional photos:

IMG_2094.jpg

IMG_2095.jpg

IMG_2096.jpg

IMG_2097.jpg

IMG_2098.jpg

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

Additional photos:

IMG_2100.jpg

IMG_2101.jpg

IMG_2103.jpg

IMG_2104.jpg

IMG_2106.jpg

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 07:40 AM Thread Starter

Final post of additional photos (should be 20 pictures in total initially):

IMG_2107.jpg

IMG_2108.jpg

IMG_2109.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg

photo.jpg

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 07:58 AM

If this automobile were closer, might scrape up the money and buy it just for spare parts. Well written and transparent sell advertisement. Best of luck with the sale of the vehicle.

#NEVER GIVE UP
#AUDACITY OF HOPE

"Rather not run the risk of offending anyone, so let me just go ahead and offend someone". -PONY MAN

"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen". -UNKNOWN

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PONY MAN View Post
If this automobile were closer, might scrape up the money and buy it just for spare parts. Well written and transparent sell advertisement. Best of luck with the sale of the vehicle.
Thanks. Selling as a parts car crossed my mind. And still does. If this was the DeLorean world, I'd know how to sell it part by part. I don't with the G8 though. Would definitely be okay with it going to another owner, or small group of owners, that wanted to snatch it up just for parts. It seems like such a waste to get rid of a car that "technically" has minimal trade-in value in the traditional sense. Didn't even ask the GM dealership what they would give me as a trade-in when I bought a new Chevy Cruze hatchback. No one buys a 200k+ km car from a dealership. Not normally anyway. And am not quite ready to give it away to a salvage yard as weight for whatever they might offer.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 10:29 AM

Years ago, when they first hit the market looked into the engine bay of a Chevrolet Cruze and decided to pass. Have a severe phobia of perpendicular/traverse motors, but am learning better and more modern coping skills. Even told mother if she ever purchased another front wheel drive vehicle to not expect the same kind of bargain basement pricing i.e. PONY MAN's Auto Repair LLC. All joking aside, enjoy the new vehicle.

#NEVER GIVE UP
#AUDACITY OF HOPE

"Rather not run the risk of offending anyone, so let me just go ahead and offend someone". -PONY MAN

"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen". -UNKNOWN

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 06:37 AM Thread Starter

Price drop to $4,750. Car is also being listed for sale locally. Willing to entertain lower offers as appropriate.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

I was asked by someone interested in the car to make a quick video showing it running so here it is:

[YOUTUBE]
[/YOUTUBE]

Vehicle is currently listed at $4,250 OBO.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 11:41 AM
every village has one

Sad to see you go

things are not as they appear to be.........

2009.5 LiquidRed/OnyxRed, Premium Package
e85 Surprise Package
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

Car has been sold. Nearly ten years exactly after I got it. And with all things considered, pretty much the best car I've ever owned.

IMG_3019.jpg

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 08:17 AM

Bitter sweet for any owner selling a car, glad to see it go but miss it just the same.
.well for some cars anyway....some you'd just like to drive off a cliff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in