This is all of the T/S that I've done to date, over a two month period in what little free time I had, under remote guidance by members here and at home. I'm not a mechanic or even an intermediate DIY with anything engine related. So, take it for what it is.
* Swapped coils between 4 and 6
* Swapped coils between 3 and 5
* New B2/S2 oxygen sensor
* All new spark plugs
* All new plug wires
* Verified coil discharge with inline tools on #'s 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6
* Checked cylinder compression on:
#6 = 130 psi
#5 = 125 psi
#3 = 130 psi
#1 = 110 psi
* Checked resistance on injector 6 = 12.7 ohms
* Checked resistance on injector 5 = 12.8 ohms
* Checked accessory power voltage on all 4-pin coil connectors = 12.16v
* Checked accessory power voltage on even-side injector connectors = 12.4v
* Swapped fuel injectors 6 and 2
* Cleaned all injector and coil connectors with contact cleaner
* Vacuum leak test with unlit MAPP gas torch (no effect)
* Vacuum leak test with intake/throttle cleaner (inconclusive)
* Swapped coils between 6 and 1
* Vacuum leak test with unlit propane torch (extensively, no effect)
* Inspected valve rockers on even side. Movement normal. Spring tension normal.
* Inspected push rods on #6. Both were slightly bent. Replaced. No change.
* Checked compression on #6 again. All other plugs removed. Throttle body removed. Result = 150 psi, held for over an hour.
* Removed fuel rail and checked for clogs and flushed intake cleaner.
* Swapped injectors 6 and 4.
* Inspected oil for metal debris.
* Checked alternator output. 14v
The DTC has been P0306 the whole time. Only on the first day did I get a code for low volt O2 sensor B2/S2 which never came back after I cleared it. I replaced it anyway.
2009 G8 GT
Borla ExhaustJDM Astar: Exterior and Interior
Complete LED Conversion:
Opt7 FluxBeam Headlights