Pontiac G8 Forum banner

What next?

1K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  MMSG8GT 
#1 ·
Im just looking for some opinions on my next step, currently 09 G8 GT with DOD deleted, 231/242 111+3 cam and tune from Pat G, yank 3600 stall, ported heads, kooks LT, no cat, 3.45 gears and an old vararam intake. I made 434/406. What would y'all suggest as my next step trying to avoid spending FI money ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Suspension and brakes.

The dampers (struts and shocks) for sure. The car will feel so much more tied down to the road. Budget: PPVs ($250).

Brakes: Minimum for DD/street - high quality pads to get better initial bite and modulation (stock pads don't cut it). Posts on the boards convince me to go with Carbotechs 1521s, pricy ($350) but will be my only brake upgrade, so worth it.

#6 ·
Suspension and brakes.

The dampers (struts and shocks) for sure. The car will feel so much more tied down to the road. Budget: PPVs ($250).

Brakes: Minimum for DD/street - high quality pads to get better initial bite and modulation (stock pads don't cut it). Posts on the boards convince me to go with Carbotechs 1521s, pricy ($350) but will be my only brake upgrade, so worth it.

Thanks for the input, Ive been eyeballing the Zl1 brembos and eibach lowering springs, just have to pull the trigger, seems like I really have to get on the brake now at red lights, she wants to roll, hopefully bigger brake calipers can settle her down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Im just looking for some opinions on my next step, currently 09 G8 GT with DOD deleted, 231/242 111+3 cam and tune from Pat G, yank 3600 stall, ported heads, kooks LT, no cat, 3.45 gears and an old vararam intake. I made 434/406. What would y'all suggest as my next step trying to avoid spending FI money ?
Drive it and enjoy it?

It just depends on what your goals are for the car.

#19 ·
Maybe some 1.85 rockers might help a bit.

#20 ·
Definitely go with the Rick Crawford Racing modified intake manifold. You will get more out of that than the ported heads. Don't mistake a modified manifold for a ported manifold, two totally different things. With that high RPM cam you are going to need an intake manifold that flows some air.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.