Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com - View Single Post - Complete List of 2009.5 Changes (VS 2009)
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 09:49 PM
beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boweryboy View Post
I am looking into buying a new 2009 G8 GT. Is there an easy way to identify if a 2009 G8 GT is a 2009.5? I am llooking fo a possible VIN # split. I know I can look at the cup holders and the price but I was looking for something more definitive.

Also, What is the prospect of additional cars being imported over the next 6 mohts with the demise of Pontiac?

Any other recommendations while looking for this car?
Very easy: the vin. If the last 6 digits of the vin start with a 3 (i.e. 3xxxxx), then and only then is it a 2009.5. Otherwise 2009 vins have a 1 or a 2. So the changes above or simply look at the vin, and you'll know.

2009 G8 GT - Sold...
Pacific Slate/Onyx, Premium/Sport - 3M Clear Bra, 20% Rear Tint, GM Trunk Mat, Dimming Mirror, Holden VE Rubber Floor Mats, VMS TCM & 93 ECM Tune, Roto-Fab CAI & Radiator Cover, Pedders Bushings, Holden 6.0L Badges, GrafxWerks Badge Overlays, GXP Front Fascia & Rear Diffuser, JHP GPS Kit & Garmin, BP Catch Can, FE3/GXP Dampers, Corsa Cat-Back, GY Eagle GT Tires, GM Accessory Shift Knob
MPGTune.com Mileage History

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome