Mass folks - a call to action. - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
North East NY, NJ, PA, MA, CT, RI, VT, NH, ME

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Car RamRod

Mass folks - a call to action.

You folks in Ma get taxed to death! Now they are after more. See the email links at the bottom, and fight this national trend. States are seeing fuel tax revenue lowering because some of us are saving fuel. Now they are trying to make up for it. The Feds mandate that we save fuel, so we can pay MORE taxes??? Rediculous!

The below was copied from the latest SEMA Action Network newsletter:

Massachusetts Considers Pilot Program to Tax Cars for Miles Traveled

Legislation (H.B. 3142) to establish a pilot program to impose a vehicle mileage user fee administered by the Department of Transportation was introduced in Massachusetts. This bill is intended to supplement the gas tax and implement alternative ways to raise transportation revenue for the state. Under the bill, the Department must report to the legislature on the feasibility of permanently assessing a vehicle mileage user fee. The pilot program would include at least 1,000 drivers of trucks, passenger and commercial vehicles. These drivers would have on-board vehicle-mileage-counting equipment installed on their vehicles which can report the number of miles traveled. Payments would be collected from participants.

We Urge You to Contact the Joint Transportation CommitteeMembers (List Below) Immediately To Request Their Opposition to H.B. 3142
ēH.B. 3142 seeks to penalize national efforts to create a more fuel efficient vehicle fleet. As gas tax revenues decrease due to hybrid and electric vehicle ownership, states are looking for new sources of funding for pet projects.
DONíT DELAY! Please contact members of the Massachusetts Joint Transportation Committee immediately to request their opposition to H.B. 3142.
Please e-mail a copy of your letter to Steve McDonald at [email protected]. Also, please forward this Alert to your fellow car enthusiasts. Urge them to join the SAN and help defend the hobby! Thank you for your assistance.

Massachusetts Joint Transportation Committee
To e-mail all Committee members, copy and paste the email address block below:

[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

You can choose to be anything you want on the internet...why choose to be so stupid!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 06:29 AM
understeer

I'm not from MA, but here are my comments.

On board mileage computer, really? how much will that cost to implement? Although I am against this tax, lets say they were to pass the bill, why couldn't they just get the mileage reading from the license bureau upon registering your plates/tags? Onboard electronic monitoring, are you serious? Cut the crap. Every year you renew your plates, the official checks your odometer, and every year when you renew, you pay the "tax".

Seems like society takes 1 step forward every year, and 4 steps backwards every month.

2009 G8 GT SRM - premium w/roof
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Car RamRod

probably a doodad that plugs into the OBD port just like the Progressive insurance deal.
Not in my car! I cannot believe there is enough support for this crap. This is the 4th state to try this (I think)...why not just raise the fuel tax? I do not get it.

You can choose to be anything you want on the internet...why choose to be so stupid!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 11:39 AM

How did it fare in the other three?

-Dennis-

2014 Camaro Silver Ice 2LT +RS
2009 G8 V6 PBM Premium+Comfort&Sound = SOLD
mods: Rotofab CAI, mid-muffler and resonator delete, Magnaflow x-pipe: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...d1qRKK_ChAwmZZ
GT brake upgrade: painted G2 black w/BrakePerformance slotted rotors and Hawk ceramic pads.
2000 Maxima Custom M/F Catback, K&N - SOLD
1972 Lemans 350, 4B - SOLD
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidhauler View Post
How did it fare in the other three?

-Dennis-
Bill failed to get anywhere.

2018 Red Quartz Tintcoat GMC Sierra 1500 Denali Ultimate
2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/3/18*
2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Sold 7/7/16*
2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT *Sold 6/11/14*
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 12:11 PM

Although not from Ma i am very close here in CT. We Also have high taxes, but to have my mileage monitored i don't think so. I wonder who sits around and thinks this stuff up?????
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
Car RamRod

It did not make it out of commitee here. Just disturbing that so many states are trying to get into our pockets.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2014, 02:19 PM
female, no 'bro'

Garage
hence the nickname Taxachusetts. this state taxes everything. i've learned to live with it.

2009 G8 V6 White Hot
2003 Pontiac Grand am GT1/SCT. stage 3 intake from doctorspeed, drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads, front and rear STB by speedbuilt, granatelli TB and MAF, P&P UIM, borla cat back exhaust, 2 gauge pod (volt and air flow),LED taillights, clear corner headlights, 6K HIDs, MSD 8.5 mm high conductor spark plug wires, full SC/T body kit,17'' TSW Vortex chrome wheels wrapped in Toyo Proxes 4 235/45ZR17 ~parted out and traded in!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page