Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Cargo Area Organizer installed

6K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  MGMGXP 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought this from GM Parts Giant earlier in the year (Part #92207098). I couldn't believe it wasn't discontinued yet and made an impulse buy.

I just installed it today; not really much to it. Remove the cargo net and attach the front of the organizer to the lower hooks formerly used by the cargo net. I held off on buying this for years because I could never find a pic of it installed. It works with the trunk liner and can be flattened without removing it if you need the trunk for larger items. Both dividers also collapse to accommodate larger cargo too.

Here it is collapsed.

See less See more
#13 ·
@terryscott621 - added a pic with the organizer collapsed. I will probably remove it if I intend to use the trunk for large stuff. I won't want to scuff it up but if the cargo isn't rough I will leave it in the trunk.

Reactions: terryscott621
#7 ·
Cool o.p.

I recently lucked out and grabbed that Pontiac logo cargo liner from Zepcom, a local and member/moderator here. He just sold his G8 , so I don't think he's still a moderator. Glad I did. Wasn't aware of how hard they are to get.

#8 ·
...I recently lucked out and grabbed that Pontiac logo cargo liner from Zepcom, a local and member/moderator here. He just sold his G8 , so I don't think he's still a moderator...
Zepcom is very knowledgeable, helpful and also one of the main reasons I became a member of the board "back in the day".

#10 ·
Zepcom is very knowledgeable, helpful and also one of the main reasons I became a member of the board "back in the day"
Yes he is. And that's cool.

#11 ·
No wonder... I was trying to get a hold of Zep... did not knew that he sold the G8.

I might park the car and get some newer, however, I cannot see myself selling the G8.

Is a nice thing to add to the G8, considering on getting one.
He is a busy guy. Maybe he just hasn't had the time to reply. I can't see myself selling mine. Not now anyway. .

#12 ·
My cargo organizer was dirt cheap. LOL
Make do with what I got. Holds tools secure and the tools hold the jugs. Oil, Dexron, Dexcool, and distilled water.
Under the trunk lid is the full size spare and tool kit.
Crammed around that are spare belts, hoses, disposable coveralls, gloves.
Always be prepared...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

#15 ·
For the most part, use the area between the spare tire cover and spare tire as a "cargo area organizer". In the past, it has held an el-cheapo floor jack, set of booster cables, pair of homemade wheel chocks and a few other things.

#16 ·
That's what I do also. I have some jumper cables, a few rags, a large breaker bar and my lock lug in my spare tire well along with the stock inflator kit. I like this organizer mostly because it's an OEM Pontiac piece and pretty soon they'll be non existent. It's pricey for what it is, but when they're gone everybody will probably want one (just like the plastic cargo mat).

#20 ·
I did more digging and found a few places. Prices are all over the map from $130 to over $200. What did you have to pay?
I paid $164 shipped from GM Parts Giant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.