Good Exhaust shops? N. CO preferred.... - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Rocky Mountain CO, UT, WY

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Tin Indian

Garage
Good Exhaust shops? N. CO preferred....

Hey guys, I have done some searching but cant really find anything on here Colorado specific. I am looking to do the Dynomax Super Turbo Axle Back, and was looking for a good exhaust shop that I can trust. We used to have a great shop in the Longmont Area named Kens Classic Muffler, and the owner was a genius that could make any custom setup imagined. They closed up, and now I have no idea where to go. Any advise, or where you had work done, would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

1967 Firebird 400/4spd all numbers matching
1965 Pontiac GTO 389 4bbl 4sp.
1971 Camaro Pro ET Drag Car
1970 Camaro real Z-28
1963 Impala Super Sport 409 dual quad 4 spd
1967 Chevelle SS396 4sp clone
2009 White Pontiac G8 GT.........shockingly stock.
(My wife says I have a problem)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danswrld View Post
Hey guys, I have done some searching but cant really find anything on here Colorado specific. I am looking to do the Dynomax Super Turbo Axle Back, and was looking for a good exhaust shop that I can trust. We used to have a great shop in the Longmont Area named Kens Classic Muffler, and the owner was a genius that could make any custom setup imagined. They closed up, and now I have no idea where to go. Any advise, or where you had work done, would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
If you are just looking to get the Dynomax installed you could go to GnR Hotroads at 5717 Byrd Drive in Loveland (970-203-1957). They put on my entier Kook's longtubes, Solo High flows, x pipe, Mid Muffler and axel backs and did a great job.

2008 G8 GT - 35% Tint, 345 Gears, Livernois cam, Underdrive pully, 160 degree thermostat, Vararam, Kook's 1&7/8 longtube, Solo Mach Shorty w/J's, FTI 3600 Stall converter, HP Tuners, MT Drag Radials. 422 RWHP/387TQ no NOS, 536 RWHP/478TQ with NOS.

Best 1/4 mile of 12:07 / 116.5mph @ 3500 feet altitude using NOS. Best 1/4 mile 12:80 / 109mph @ 5800 feet altitude non NOS.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 09:02 PM

If you're just looking to have an axle-back installed, why not do it yourself? Even if you have to buy the tools (a couple of wrenches) you would be into it for far less than having a shop do it.

2009 SBM G8 GT - Sold
2005 IBM GTO - Bolt-ons - Sold

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Tin Indian

Garage
The super turbo mufflers would need to have the ends welded so that I can bolt them up. I am looking to keep my stock mufflers intact, and not cut the ends off of them. Thats why I was looking for a shop to fab up the pipe to mate it to the factory exhaust if that makes any sense...(It does in my head). My garage is full of tools....a welder happens to not be one of them...

1967 Firebird 400/4spd all numbers matching
1965 Pontiac GTO 389 4bbl 4sp.
1971 Camaro Pro ET Drag Car
1970 Camaro real Z-28
1963 Impala Super Sport 409 dual quad 4 spd
1967 Chevelle SS396 4sp clone
2009 White Pontiac G8 GT.........shockingly stock.
(My wife says I have a problem)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page