Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Wax Job

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  4DCYKEY 
#1 ·
Gave the car a nice wax job today and she is looking goooooood!!

See less See more
#5 ·
I'd beg to differ :)

No way these pocket cameras with dinky apertures are going to shoot stuff like. Even on a tripod. Maybe with some serious manual adjustment and photoshop skills...but the details are way beyond what my Sony Camera can capture. They claim it's a 7.1 mega pixel...but it sure as hell isn't anyway near that. Probably closer to 3. I used to shoot with the SLR 5MP years ago in college and their clarity was light years beyond these pocket cameras claiming 7,8,9+MPs.

I will say it is a decent camera for the price, and the video mode is worth it's weight in gold :)

Nice pics by the way, and camera.

#6 ·
Megapixels doesn't have much to do with quality. My 8 megapixel camera has better quality than 12+ megapixel point and shoot cameras. It has more to do with the size of the sensor in the camera, than the amount of megapixels.

#7 ·
Good to know, I assume they omit that on most Camera specs? They usually don't compare sensor sizes when browsing through BB or what have you I don't believe.

#8 ·
#10 ·
Bingo.

MP do not matter, sensor size is all.

Think of it this way:
Let's say you are asked to describe your G8.
Point and shoot is like being given a matchbox to write the description.
SLR is like being given an 8 by 10 sheet.
Same car, same person, but more room for details. :driving:

What most people do not realize is that a camera with twice the megapixels will produce an image that is only about 20% larger at best.
And... that you only need about one hundred pixels per inch to make a decent print. You can actually do a decent 8 by 10 with a 2 or 3 MP camera.

#11 · (Edited)
I was just angry because when I view my images at 100% on my 7MP camera, they look terrible on screen. Settings are at the highest of course, and this is in broad daylight outside...I can understand in low light situations. Just lame since my old 1.3MP Olympus (back in 2000) could shoot almost as large of photos (quality wise on screen) as my 7MP Sony.

Very deceiving from a consumer stand point. You'd think a 7MP would shoot roughly 7x the picture size of my Olympus.

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/image-noise.htm
This explains the whole pixel noise that I'm encountering quite well.

#12 ·
most people aren't photographers lol. Those pics are awesome. I have a Panasonic 12MP Lumix with a Leica lens. Decent camera, huge pictures, but I still haven't figured out how to get it to its full potential quality-wise, mostly because I just use it for simple point and shoot pics.

How do you get the shots of the transparent hood? I imagine you layered two pics?

#14 ·
Thanks to Zaino my twin PSM car is still beading...but otherwise needy. And seeing yours now, even more inspiration. Looks great;)

What products, this time, by the way?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.