Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Window molding and belt molding black

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  PONY MAN 
#1 ·
I want to purchase the black window molding and belt molding in black. Any website that anyone know that offers this? Even front grills in black or fairly priced that i can paint.

#2 ·
JHPSS and a couple other sites carry the black window trim. It costs a pretty penny as a heads up. I believe about $600-700.

As far as the front grilles go, a few different ways can be taken. Painting chrome is usually met with a pretty early failure as the chrome doesn't provide a very good surface for the paint to adhere to. Lots of owners seem to plasti-dip with a few going the vinyl wrap route.

#4 ·
PlastiDip works.

#6 ·
You need @wolfman1192

Great seller. Have a number of things from him.

Reactions: wolfman1192
#7 ·
I am all out at the moment but will be getting in upper and lower molding. Lowers are 140 plus shipping, uppers are 350 plus shipping and complete sets are 450. I pay 1/4 shipping on complete sets. Let me know if you are interested.

#8 ·
i have had good luck with wolfgang exterior trim sealant to get the black back and keep it black if that's all you're looking to do. there's a few other products i could recommend as well if a deep clean is needed first.

#9 ·
For the front grilles, I plasti-dipped mine. I pulled them out of the bumper, took them apart, and applied 3-4 coats. It's been on there close to 10,000 miles, and maybe has 1 rock chip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.