Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com - View Single Post - Engine is Coming Out... Again
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
ebg8gt

Engine is Coming Out... Again

I now have ~7000 miles on my car since DOD-delete and such, and about a 1.5 weeks ago, I started getting a less-than-nice noise from my engine. Sounded lifter-ish, or other related ticking. Continued getting a bit worse, and was more noticeable once the oil was hot.

Jump to 2 nights ago, I'm replacing my spark plugs (different story), and while I'm there I decide to pop the valve covers off to start investigating said noise. Driver's side is perfect. Nice and clean, rockers all in place, springs look good. Go to passenger side. Looks about the same, but then... see attached pics... one of my trunnion snap rings is in many pieces. Ended up finding one more piece like the 2 in the pic, but it's only enough to account for about 1/6th of a snap ring.

So yeah, going to pull the engine out of the car in the next week or so, and figure out where the rest of that snap ring wound up. More to come.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190505_184801.jpg (108.8 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190505_184747.jpg (131.4 KB, 59 views)

2009 PBM GT
Under the Knife Again
DOD-delete, , Roto-Fab, BLP Ported Intake and Throttle Body, Kooks 1-7/8 long tubes, XForce Varex Catback, ZL1 Converter, Elite E2 Catch Can, HSRK, Camaro Trans Pan/Filter, GXP Brembos, Cold Case Radiator
Breyton GTS-AV Wheels, 6k HIDs, Holden Steering Wheel and Paddle Shifters, Eibach Springs, 35% Tint
Tuned by Day Tuning

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome