Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Stock GT or GXP mufflers Laying around

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  SMP-G8 
#1 ·
Hey all,
I am going to be buying the ARH full exhaust system but instead of using the magnaflow mufflers I currently have I would like to put a set of stock mufflers back on for now. Would anyone have the axleback set of stock mufflers that they would like to give away or I could purchase for cheap. Please send me a PM if you do so we can arrange something. Thank you

#2 ·
I have a pair of stock GT muffs laying around in my garage in WI. I know that doesn't do you any good, unless you're taking a road trip to WI sometime soon haha.

#3 ·
I have a pair of magna flow mufflers with slp stainless steel tips for cheap. Pm me

#4 ·
I have some GT axlebacks in good shape, pming u

#5 ·
As soon as you get one, I'll take a leftover set you don't want too! Headers coming next and its going to be too loud with no mufflers.

#7 ·
Thanks for the replies fellas. I have still been doing some research. I would like a 3" exhaust setup but I have also been looking at the Kooks LTs to solo cat back system. Seems a lot of g8s are running that combo and having great success with it performance and sound wise. I will keep this updated with what I am gonna do. Thanks again everyone.

#9 ·
OK, I have a few options for you.
1. I have a set of stockers.
2. I have a set of Hooker Stainless Max flows. No drone, good sound attenuation. 2.5 inch throughout.
3. I have a gutted set of stockers. This set has no tips. you would have to have a set of tips put on.

As you can tell, I have tried several things, but always willing to try something else. I'd swap your MFs for any of these - heck I'd even give the gutted stockers away (to be honest, the best swap may be your magnaflows for my Maxflows - assuming the magnaflows are a 2.5 inch setup. I will not swap for anything smaller)
I'm headed to Canyon lake on or around the 7th of March. Let me know.

#10 ·
I too have a set (seem plentiful) that I took off at approx. 10k miles...located in Austin.

#11 ·
I have changed the route I am gonig so that I can save some money. Bought some Kooks LTs from Maryland speed and am going to get an exhaust shop to build connections from the back of the LTs to my X pipe with is 2.5" back. Should save me some money and keep most of the note that I currently like from the car.

Thank you all for the replies.

#12 ·
I am in San Antonio and I just put on a Corsa catback, I have the stock mufflers, car only has 22k miles. Make an offer if you are still looking, if you are in Converse, I can swear I saw a car your color in UC a few weeks ago.

#13 ·
No longer need the mufflers gents. Installing the headers on Friday and getting the connections welded in on saturday to the existing x pipe back

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.