Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Cleaned up my garage

695 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  PhantomBlack G8 
#1 ·
Well I clean out my Garage after one year of living here. We finally unpack enough stuff now, so I'm able to park my G8 GT in the garage and out of the weather. Just feel good knowing she under lock and key. I don't know how they call these two car Garage?

#4 ·
You are right no way two G8 fit. Must be a Wahington thing.

#5 ·
Trust me it is not just a Washington thing. It is like that in Arizona too. I think it is a west coast thing. I know back east a 2 car garage is big enough to park a full size truck and a full size car in them and still have room to spare.

#6 ·
Yeah, my parents garage in North Carolina is the same way. Lots of room front, back, and side to side. What you get here, in the typical tract house is the bare minimum to qualify as a two car garage. In order to get any room at all, you must get a three car garage, or a two plus shop addition. And even then you don't get the length! If I ever buy another house, and that's a huge if, it will be a truly custom build with all the things this one doesn't have on the top of the list! My only hope with the current place is, being only 6 years from retirement, once I quit working we will reduce to one car, and the garage will become instantly 50% larger!:wink2::pir_flag:

#7 ·
Yeah, my parents garage in North Carolina is the same way. Lots of room front, back, and side to side. What you get here, in the typical tract house is the bare minimum to qualify as a two car garage. In order to get any room at all, you must get a three car garage, or a two plus shop addition. And even then you don't get the length! If I ever buy another house, and that's a huge if, it will be a truly custom build with all the things this one doesn't have on the top of the list! My only hope with the current place is, being only 6 years from retirement, once I quit working we will reduce to one car, and the garage will become instantly 50% larger!:wink2::pir_flag:
My old house in TX you could fit two 63 Chevy Impala side by side and I still had a tool area to work in.

#8 ·
That is the problem with west coast homes. They are barely wide enough for2 vehicles and definitely not long enough. My GT barely fits in the garage. Forget it if I try to put both the GT and the TBSS. If we aren't careful, we bang doors on the other vehicle. The only "plus" about that is that both vehicles are black.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.