Glen Burnie, MD-Marley Station Mall - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Mid-Atlantic VA, DE, WV, MD, TN, KY

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Glen Burnie, MD-Marley Station Mall

There's a car show up at the Mall every Saturday afternoon. I don't have much info on the actual show but there are a TON of old muscle cars and this past weekend I saw several of the new Camaro's and Mustangs, in the show as well (word is, in the past they only allowed cars from 1981 or earlier). There are always a lot of people out having a good time and there is no cost to walk around and look at all the cars! They have music and food/drink for sale as well.

Is anyone up for meeting at the Mall, this Saturday the 25th around 5pm or so? Again, not looking to enter our cars in the show but rather meet up there, hang out, and then cruise. For anyone not familiar with Glen Burnie-it's like the MEGA hot-rod capitol of the world (at least that's what it seems like to me, haha)! Anyway, I hope we can hook something up! Let me know!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2009.5 Liquid Red Premium+Sport Packages,
D-1 Procharger, ERL Performance 402, Roto Fab CAI, Kooks 1 7/8th LTHs, Solo mufflers, Circle D Torque Converter, Trans Cooler, BMR Swaybars, Matte Black Vinyl Roof, Matte Black Powder Coated stock 19's, tinted tails+side markers, GXP diffuser, Plasti-Dip blacked out chrome kidney grille surrounds, front/back arrows, spoiler, fender and V-flag, DBA Hawk Brake Kit w/Slotted Rotors and Ceramic Pads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 05:55 AM
SHTNGET

I might be able to make it up there this weekend but I cant make any promises yet. I know that a lot of people will be in Carlisle for the GM Nationals this weekend too. I wonder when they started letting the modern muscle in the show?? In the past if you drove up in anything that was somewhat new, they looked at you like you kicked their dog

2009 Magnetic Gray Metallic G8 GT
Capital City G8 Car Club
Be-EzE Car Club

Imports...making a 10 second pass is like coming out of the closet. You might surprise a lot of people, but in the end your still gay.

Can't forget the "LOL" or people will think you're an a**hole
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likwid View Post
I wonder when they started letting the modern muscle in the show?? In the past if you drove up in anything that was somewhat new, they looked at you like you kicked their dog
Yeah, Berto was saying the same thing...but last year I went up a few times and there were newer cars up there but not as many as I saw last week. Just thought it would be a good spot for us G8's to link up!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
D-1 Procharger, ERL Performance 402, Roto Fab CAI, Kooks 1 7/8th LTHs, Solo mufflers, Circle D Torque Converter, Trans Cooler, BMR Swaybars, Matte Black Vinyl Roof, Matte Black Powder Coated stock 19's, tinted tails+side markers, GXP diffuser, Plasti-Dip blacked out chrome kidney grille surrounds, front/back arrows, spoiler, fender and V-flag, DBA Hawk Brake Kit w/Slotted Rotors and Ceramic Pads.

Last edited by Dat Dude Trav; 06-21-2011 at 09:11 AM.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 08:59 AM
SHTNGET

Well, I would be down for crashing their party lol I'll let you know if I can make it and I'll let the other guys know about this too, so maybe we can get a nice little crowd

Capital City G8 Car Club
Be-EzE Car Club

Imports...making a 10 second pass is like coming out of the closet. You might surprise a lot of people, but in the end your still gay.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Well, I would be down for crashing their party lol I'll let you know if I can make it and I'll let the other guys know about this too, so maybe we can get a nice little crowd
Sounds good!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 11:02 AM

Ya I might go in couple weeks..be in Carlisle this weekend..
Sucks they don't let newer muscle cars in..

09 Liquid Red/Sport/Premium
-ARH 1 7/8" headers/Borla Mufflers-Vararam CAI-
-Custom Comp Cam/FAST102/Ported SDPC Heads
-Pedders XAStreet Kit/Adjustable SwayBar Kit
-BMR SubFrame,TrailingArm, Spohn Control Arm,toe links
-CCW SP500 wheels-
19x9 255x35 Nitto Invo
19x10.5 285x35 Nitto Invo
-debadged-
Painted GXP Rear Diffuser/MMCF Spoiler
HSV Red Triple Gauges
VE Sport Red/Black Steering Wheel and Shifter
ACC Stainless steel hood liner
Best 1/4 ET [email protected]

Jim
VP Capital City G8 Car Club
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
What's it lookin like-you and a few guys going to come thru? I'll be there, tomorrow, around 5pm. I'll also ask about the entering "rules" for those interested in puting their car in the show in the coming weeks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 06:46 PM
SHTNGET

This week was busy at work so I haven't had a chance to ask anyone yet but I am meeting up with them tonight so I will pass the information along and post up later with the responses. I have something to do @ 2pm tomorrow at FedEx Field and I should only be there for an hour or 2 but when I get back into town I will stop by

Capital City G8 Car Club
Be-EzE Car Club

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
This week was busy at work so I haven't had a chance to ask anyone yet but I am meeting up with them tonight so I will pass the information along and post up later with the responses. I have something to do @ 2pm tomorrow at FedEx Field and I should only be there for an hour or 2 but when I get back into town I will stop by
Got you. You got G8 guys who meet up in Columbia somewhere or you meetin up with the Capitol G8 Crew?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 07:47 PM
SHTNGET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dat Dude Trav View Post
Got you. You got G8 guys who meet up in Columbia somewhere or you meetin up with the Capitol G8 Crew?
I'm hanging out with the Be-EzE guys tonight in GB, there are a few G8's in Columbia but nobody really meets up and most of Capitol City G8 is going to the GM Nationals tomorrow so I doubt they are going to be out tonight

Capital City G8 Car Club
Be-EzE Car Club

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 08:26 AM

I'll swing by, what time you want to meet 5? And where at?

And they let in the new Mustangs Camaros and Challangers and Corvettes so I don't see why they wouldn't let us in.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Time check...be there around 6pm.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 07:29 PM

Does this Glen Burnie thing still happen? Man, I wish I had my Chevelle up here already. Either way, I'd interested in seeing where everybody else hangs out. I know it used to be Rockville but I've been gone for 4 years and so much has changed already.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 10:46 AM

marley station tonight ?

Anyone coming out tonight
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Yes, they still do it but the past few weekends have been shut down due to the extreme heat and its raining now so I'm sure they won't be out today.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 07:38 PM
Be EzE

We are still hanging out down in Severna park by Taco Bell on Friday and Saturday nights.

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 12:05 AM
1 BAD G8

Yes, come on out to Taco Bell my fellow G8ers.

--Be EzE Car Club--
Show: 8k hids, 20% tint, billet prototypes catch can, GXP rear diffuser, powder coated black Camaro rims and Camaro front Brembo's
Go: Marty Brown built LQ9 402, custom Cam, LS3 heads, Kooks 1 7/8 headers, 3 core intercooler, big red race valve, D1SC w/3.55' pulley, snow performance dual methanol nozzle kit, ZL1 fuel pump, KB BAP, FIC 850 fuel injectors

11 second club
11.989 @114.51 1.744 60' w/ cam only L76

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 06:57 PM

What time Saturday
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Be EzE

I dont think anyone will be out this Saturday although I have been wrong in the past. usually it starts around 9pm and then to whenever.

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 05:24 AM
SHTNGET

I'll be out on Friday, same time and place

Capital City G8 Car Club
Be-EzE Car Club

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page