K & N Spetre comversion - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Tech Lounge First Mods / Basic Tech Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

K & N Spetre comversion

I finally put a brand new K& N filter on my spectre CAI a little more rumble on the exhaust.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]K&N CAI, Pypes headers, Solo HFC's,Solo axle backs, Custom tune, FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.Little lunati cam,SLP 25 %UDP, AC tensioner upgrade.15% tint.12" sub woofer with amp.Future upgrade Power slot rotors & posi quiet pads.

V6 Spectre CAI, Original Overkill tune,FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, BMR Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.12" sub woofer with amp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 08:28 AM

K&N acquired Spectre sometime ago, but am not for sure when. Sent a technical email asking if the K&N filter cleaning kit could be used on Spectre filters and they responded no, however, I disagree. Have yet to service either Spectre cold air intake filter so can't confirm nor deny the notion.

#NEVER GIVE UP
#AUDACITY OF HOPE

"Rather not run the risk of offending anyone, so let me just go ahead and offend someone". -PONY MAN

"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen". -UNKNOWN

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PONY MAN View Post
K&N acquired Spectre sometime ago, but am not for sure when. Sent a technical email asking if the K&N filter cleaning kit could be used on Spectre filters and they responded no, however, I disagree. Have yet to service either Spectre cold air intake filter so can't confirm nor deny the notion.
I know you can use the kit om either filter. Spectre CAI 129.00 K & N over 300.00 for almost the same kit. I bought extra filters for both.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]K&N CAI, Pypes headers, Solo HFC's,Solo axle backs, Custom tune, FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.Little lunati cam,SLP 25 %UDP, AC tensioner upgrade.15% tint.12" sub woofer with amp.Future upgrade Power slot rotors & posi quiet pads.

V6 Spectre CAI, Original Overkill tune,FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, BMR Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.12" sub woofer with amp.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norton13 View Post
I know you can use the kit om either filter. Spectre CAI 129.00 K & N over 300.00 for almost the same kit. I bought extra filters for both.
Aye aye captain. Purchased spare filters in order to avoid vehicle down time while waiting for it to dry prior to re-oiling.

#NEVER GIVE UP
#AUDACITY OF HOPE

"Rather not run the risk of offending anyone, so let me just go ahead and offend someone". -PONY MAN

"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen". -UNKNOWN

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page