OBD2 Dead after wreck - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Tech Lounge First Mods / Basic Tech Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 03:16 AM Thread Starter

OBD2 Dead after wreck

Quick question for everyone. I was in a fairly significant wreck and the G8 is a total loss. I have a tune installed via a Cortex tuner. Tried connecting the Cortex tuner to return the tune to stock and unlock the tuner, but when connected to the OBD2 port nothing happens. All of the damage was done to the chassis underneath the car and there is very little body damage so I don't think it is a wiring issue. The motor was still running after the accident, but I shut it off instantly due to weird noise (good thing because the oil pan was busted as well). However, the tranny could not be shifted out of park when the wrecker tried to load it. He said that was common and that the computer would often lock everything up in a wreck. The steering wheel airbag deployed on the driver side, but all airbags deployed on the passenger side. Someone else has told me there is often an ignition type of lock activated in an accident that requires a reset. He said the reset was usually in the trunk. I looked but did not find anything in the trunk. Anyone have any suggestions? Checked, and have power to both cigarette lighter sockets. Help...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 02:24 PM

Can the ignition key be moved to the off/lock position and the key be removed ? Since you say you *can get* Accy power outlet power, that would indicate that the key (when in position #1) seems to work OK. That means you should be able to get all the things assigned to that ACCY buss as well as the RAP buses at that time. Will the ignition key rotate to the #2 position ? If it will, it would then tell me that you can power up all things in the car (like cluster powers up etc). If not, I'm thinking that the DLC connector would not let you access the ECM or other modules as needed. Answers to this should help in trying to figure out what power may be lost. That part about ignition reset (if required or can be performed) is unknown to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page