HVOC issues - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Tech Lounge First Mods / Basic Tech Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

HVOC issues

2009 GT I replaced the air conditioning compressor with new . vacuum the system and charged proper amount of Freon . compressor will not turn on using the controls . the only way I can get it to turn on is to plug-in a power wire to green wire “source” to compressor and a ground to the blue wire “low ref”directly to compress. then the car cools . I’m getting 12v at green wire but nothing at the blue low ref wire . Any ideas.

Pm me or text at

305951-2715

Thanks Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 02:52 PM

Both, the green power an blue ground return wires, go from that clutch turn on connector, to the HVAC module located at the passenger side kick panel area. If the ground source device (within the HVAC module is OK), it would appear that the blue wire has broken down somewhere between those to locations. Since you say you have power to that green wire (when requested) to turn on the AC, that's nice to hear. You can isolate various sections of that blue wire from its end to end run. Both the blue an green wires go *thru* 3 different connectors, working their way to that HVAC module. If you want to try this, I'll post some more T/S info to try to help find what/where that blue wire is having a problem.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Sure. Any help would be great. I do have the wiring diagram . My next move is going to be to check the low ref at the HVOC computer. If ok I was thinking of running a new wire from the low ref on the HVOC computer to the compressor .

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 04:13 PM

Seeing that the wire loom runs from the compressor to the passenger side of the firewall, then up an over the bell housing area to a large connector at the firewall by the brake master cylinder (prior to entering the cabin), I'm thinking that (that area) smacks of possible wire damage at any point from side to side. But it reads like you have the service manual, an it shows you all of what I'm saying, along with the connector locations an the pins used at each etc.

Added thought----- I'm pretty sure the compressors internal clutching action is pulse modulated (variable time control power on / power off signal). It may not be good for this type of compressor to see only full time voltage for extended periods of time.

Last edited by GOPHERIT; 06-26-2018 at 10:31 PM. Reason: added thinking/thought
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page