computer run cycles - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Tech Lounge First Mods / Basic Tech Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

computer run cycles

Does anyone know or have a good guess as to what constitutes a 'run cycle' for the computer, and also how many run cycles you need to get the EVAP system to show 'ready'?
Mechanic has fixed everything for emissions test and computer shows everything is good, but green light next to EVA on monitor needs run cycles to reset...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 02:06 PM

I was reading the rules in Texas that say 08/09 year cars are allowed to have ONE not ready monitor displayed (if I read it correctly), an be allowed to pass (almost always seems to be the EVAP system). It seems to read like GM cars need engine running time with various steady speeds, distance covered at each speed, as well as run cycles covering about 200 miles over X amount of days, to change the EVAP monitor to ready. I would only have a wild guess on what that day count would be.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 04:17 PM

Not sure about the run cycle duration. However, at one point in time had a pesky P0008 engine code which would not allow the car to pass state inspection. Discovered there was a small time-frame between the time it took for the majority of the emission tests to run and for the code to go from pending to current/active. Therefore, would reset/clear the code, drive around about thirty minutes or so and wait for the code reader to show which readiness monitors were complete. Once, enough systems were green would have the vehicle inspected before the check engine light re-illuminated.

#NEVER GIVE UP
#AUDACITY OF HOPE

"Rather not run the risk of offending anyone, so let me just go ahead and offend someone". -PONY MAN

"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen". -UNKNOWN

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 04:38 PM

Doing this one time worked for me!:

General Motors (specific) OBD II Drive Cycle
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the comments. due to modifications I already have a permanent not-ready status for O2 sensors. I am going to try to follow the GM drive cycle outline posted several times and see if that works. I'll post back with results!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page