Wiper arm rubber grommet - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Tech Lounge First Mods / Basic Tech Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Wiper arm rubber grommet

The wiper arm rubber grommet is torn. Any one know if they are still available. I tried looking on this forum but did not find anything, On the web I am finding them for other cars but not the G8. Don't know what the correct name for it is I guess.

It's the rubber that covers the hole where the windshield wiper arm rod comes through.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 04:20 PM

Garage
try gm part number 92184971 - Cowl vent Panel Seal

They do look to be available and less than $3.00 each. If you're looking at diagrams, look under body, then cowl

I'm not 100% sure this is it but it looks promising from the diagrams
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 05:56 PM

If your talking about where the wiper arm pivot is positioned over the spline-d shaft an secured with a nut, look at this at P/N from one of the discount GM sources. Go to the body section, access the "Wiper an Washer Components". Item #3 is listed as the cap that covers that nut up. P/N 92183045 for about $4 up or down a touch from there.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Looks like the part I'm looking for is

SEAL. Windshield Wiper Motor Drive
Part Number: 92184971

Thanks
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Update.

I placed an order for the part with Tasca Parts and they replied:

Thank you for placing your order with Tasca Parts! We pride ourselves not only on our extensive in-stock supply of OEM parts and accessories but also on our ability to locate parts that we do not carry in our warehouse.

Unfortunately, one or more of the items in your order has been discontinued by the manufacturer. Even after searching our extensive network of parts locators and vintage parts suppliers, we regret that were unable to fulfill your order at this time.

I will see if I can order it through other GM suppliers.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 06:36 PM

They show that the same part is also used on the Caprice PPV model. Kinda makes it sound like it should be readily available at your Chevy dealer.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

I have tried to order this part but no luck each time they say it's on back order and refund my money.
Tried Pace
online GM stores
Also went to my local Chevy dealership and they say the part is discontinued.

Any other alternatives?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 08:19 AM

The grommet appears to be made of plastic and could try a local hardware or the help section in an auto parts store for a suitable replacement(s). If so, take the other one with you to make the search easier. As far as acquiring one like the original, would most probably have to check junkyard or eBay. However, most people won't want to spend the time nor effort looking for an item this small. Good luck

#NEVER GIVE UP
#AUDACITY OF HOPE

"Rather not run the risk of offending anyone, so let me just go ahead and offend someone". -PONY MAN

"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen". -UNKNOWN

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

The grommet is definitely rubber at least the part that plugs into the cowl. That is what usually breaks down. Nothing on Ebay yet and as far as the used parts yard G8's and ppv caprices are rare in western NY. But who knows I might get lucky.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 09:50 AM

Could be wrong, but the reason stated plastic is because it retained its shape and didn't exhibit the normal flexing nor tearing of rubber while removing. Either way, its neither here nor there and will qualify/dismiss the notion later in order to satisfy own curiosity.

#NEVER GIVE UP
#AUDACITY OF HOPE

"Rather not run the risk of offending anyone, so let me just go ahead and offend someone". -PONY MAN

"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen". -UNKNOWN

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 11:31 AM

If that part you are looking for is/was indeed 92184971 , the part has now been substituted/replaced with P/N 92293166 from various GM parts sources. It might have to be special ordered (which may mean a few days wait), but it sure looks like you can buy it without to much difficulty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page