rear bumber rattle on right hand side of tire - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Tech Lounge First Mods / Basic Tech Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Rear bumper rattle on right hand side of tire

I have not jacked up my car yet but I noticed on rear right hand side it is loose near the rear wheel well. Dose anyone now what size bolts holds this in place.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]K&N CAI, Pypes headers, Solo HFC's,Solo axle backs, Custom tune, FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.Little lunati cam,SLP 25 %UDP, AC tensioner upgrade.15% tint.12" sub woofer with amp.Future upgrade Power slot rotors & posi quiet pads.

V6 Spectre CAI, Original Overkill tune,FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, BMR Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.12" sub woofer with amp.

Last edited by norton13; 11-08-2018 at 05:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 09:20 PM

https://www.iamgmparts.com/auto-part...ents-rear-scat
https://www.iamgmparts.com/auto-part...omponents-scat

#NEVER GIVE UP
#AUDACITY OF HOPE

"Rather not run the risk of offending anyone, so let me just go ahead and offend someone". -PONY MAN

"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen". -UNKNOWN

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

It did not end up being loose after getting it on a hoist, thought it was the splash guard but need more driving. Will know in the next week, but something seems to be rattling. All the suspension components seem to be tight.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]K&N CAI, Pypes headers, Solo HFC's,Solo axle backs, Custom tune, FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.Little lunati cam,SLP 25 %UDP, AC tensioner upgrade.15% tint.12" sub woofer with amp.Future upgrade Power slot rotors & posi quiet pads.

V6 Spectre CAI, Original Overkill tune,FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, BMR Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.12" sub woofer with amp.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 06:55 PM

Is the bumper rattling or is the rattling sound coming from that area? I found an annoying rattle coming from the heat shield, just a thought.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
04 GP GT2 Bone stock, just like me!
09 PBM G8 GT, Spectre CAI ...more smiles per gallon!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by $omeoldguysG8 View Post
Is the bumper rattling or is the rattling sound coming from that area? I found an annoying rattle coming from the heat shield, just a thought.
It is not the bumper rattling but it is coming from the right rear it is not that bad bud it is irritating. I will have to drive it more to see if it is still there I believe it is. The heat shield I thought was the problem but will see as it has been moved .

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 08:12 AM

I had a rattle in the back that ended up being the plastic 'tube' that goes around the strut. I'm not sure what it is called, but mine was no longer attached to the top of the strut so it would rattle around when I'd go over bumps or even if I just bounced the back of the car up and down. Fixed it when I changed struts out to Konis.

2008 G8 GT - White Hot #379

Audio | IMGUR ALBUM | JBL MS-8, JL HD 900/5 (Active to fronts), Focal KRX2 woofers, ScanSpeak Illuminator Tweeters, JL Audio c2-350x Center, JL 12W6 Subwoofer, Custom fiberglass spare sub box by NDM, Second Skin Damplifier Pro on doors and trunk

Performance | Kooks Shorty Headers, Little Lunati Cam, BTR Dual Springs, Titanium Retainers, Pushrods, Volant CAI, Pat G Tune
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

The rattle is actually on the left side. I will have to drive it around more to see if it is still as bad.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

It was the brake shield it was right against the disk. Bent back and the rattling is now gone.I had to listen to every single bump & I am hearing regular noise. Every now & then I hear a slight noise & think that now I am being OCD.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

After more driving the rattle is still their will have to put washer behind the brake shield & see if that stops it.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 07:55 PM

Crank up the stereo, best fix ever.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Maybe so but still need it fixed.

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norton13 View Post
It was the brake shield it was right against the disk. Bent back and the rattling is now gone.I had to listen to every single bump & I am hearing regular noise. Every now & then I hear a slight noise & think that now I am being OCD.
Well OCD is better than ADD or ADHD or having an STD, so OCD is A-OK! CUL8R, TTFN.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
04 GP GT2 Bone stock, just like me!
09 PBM G8 GT, Spectre CAI ...more smiles per gallon!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Was a rear knuckle bearing replaced it, fixed the rattle.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page