Cabin Air Filter Replacement - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Tech Lounge First Mods / Basic Tech Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Cabin Air Filter Replacement

Hello everyone,

This weekend, I was bored and looked into replacing or at least checking the condition of the cabin air filter. Without being aware of the forum post that addressed removal/installation, I ended up doing what the thread said. https://redtube.onl/ https://beeg.onl/ https://spanktube.vip/spankbang/

The problem I had was where the post said to lift the cover and remove the filter, there wasn't nearly enough clearance to remove the filter and the cover gave the impression that lifting it enough to get adequate clearance might break it. The cover seemed like a real POS to remove w/o breaking.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by marcus77; 05-28-2019 at 10:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 05:30 PM

I just replaced mine last night. There are 2 things I'm going to say here. First>>> I installed the *Cleenaire* CAF182 with activated Carbon. This filter (as talked about in previous threads) is indeed about 3/16 taller than the OEM version. The good is that the pleats are designed in the horizontal direction, which allows the filter to easily be compressed vertically to fit snugly into its designed position. Second>>> After removing the 6 push/pull fasteners you can lift that panel section up enough (after working it around the passenger side hood support gas rod) to be able to install the filter. It would be better if you can get another pair of hands to hold that panel as high as possible while you remove an insert the filter. Its not a drop in the bucket. You'll have to work with the filter a little to end up getting it fully inserted correctly. Your eyes can tell you when its in the position required.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 06:17 PM

I've done it by myself and with help.
In both cases you will need bandages and a tetanus shot when done.
GOPHERIT is correct remove push pins and bend it up.
It will take a lot of abuse.
When you get the filter in you have to reach in the opening and seat it in its proper position....this is where the blood letting begins depending on the size of your arms and hands.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 07:31 AM

Iíve never had an issue changing mine. Just have to play with the filter a bit to get it to seat correctly.

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (#18 of 23 as optioned), MSM, 6M, Sunroof, Onyx/Red

2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829 (#37 of 68 as optioned), MSM, 6A, Sunroof, Onyx

2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, #555 of 2221

Forum junkie at the G8Board and "The G8 Forum That Shall Not Be Named"!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 07:57 AM

I CHANGE MINE EVERY 6 MONTHS NOT DIFFICULT TO DUE TAKE YOUR TIME AND A LITTLE FINESSE;I ALSO USE THE *Cleenaire* CAF182 with activated Carbon

Year:2008
color:ignition orange;interior black leather
option:comfort and sound;premium package
new:august 2008 original owner
mods:20%window tint,6k led headlights and led fog lights,X-pipe,k&n air filter,hawk hps front and rear brake pads with r1-concepts premium series brake rotors
slotted and crossed drilled:general g-max as-03 tires;dvd in both headrest from myron & davis;auto dimming mirror.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 10:53 AM
Proud owner

Garage
I've done it once, it sucked. I figured there has to be a better way, but I've never seen a GOOD write-up on it. Stupid design.

SRM GXP 6M
RotoFab intake, Kooks mids, Solo Axle-Backs
Patrick G tuned to the note of 419whp / 416tq
VMR710FF 19x9.5 all around.
Brembo rears

Gone- 2009 MGM GT
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 12:20 PM

Once you get the edge past the end of the hood shock, You have plenty of room, get a vacuum hose in to suck up any leaves and crap. If you live in an area that has Mice. I suggest you take a dollar store, stainless steel pot scrubber and stuff it in the big drain opening. Camaros have the same opening and one got in our Camaro . Chewed the filter and got caught in the blower fan. The scrubber still lets the water out but won't let the little buggers in.

'09 PBM GT. #2 Kook's Mids, Solo Mach balanced, SCT X4 Tuner. LED H/lamps, Tail lamps and Interior
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerminator View Post
I've done it once, it sucked. I figured there has to be a better way, but I've never seen a GOOD write-up on it. Stupid design.
Have changed the cabin air filter several times and now try to always wear a pair of gloves. https://www.g8board.com/forums/115-i...liter-diy.html

#NEVER GIVE UP
#AUDACITY OF HOPE

"Rather not run the risk of offending anyone, so let me just go ahead and offend someone". -PONY MAN

"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen". -UNKNOWN

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page