DIC brightness problem? - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Tech Lounge First Mods / Basic Tech Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down DIC brightness problem?

I have a 2009 G8 GXP M6. I recently had a bad hazard switch that had to be replaced. Unfortunately it is part of the whole infotainment/ radio center. To fix the switch they replaced the entire radio? . When I left the dealer I hit a small bump and the radio screen went into uncontrolled horizontal hold like an old TV set . I hit the side of it and it stopped. Hit the side of the console again ant it did I it gain so I turned around and went right back tho the dealer and showed him and he sad the unit they installed is defective and will have to be replaced. I drove off and the screen was going crazy and I pushed on the front of the radio and it stopped and has not had a problem since. Now I notice that the DIC is so dim I cannot see it during the day and it is very dull at night and flickers/ pulsates in brightness. Also the brightness control on the dash only works at night and is nonfunctional during the day. I don't remember if that was the way it was before they messed with it. Any advice would be great. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 09:11 PM

I'd just let them replace the radio again and tell them that since you left their shop ,you've had trouble with the lighting. It was their error ,so let them fix it. That's what I'd do.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Mike View Post
I have a 2009 G8 GXP M6. I recently had a bad hazard switch that had to be replaced. Unfortunately it is part of the whole infotainment/ radio center. To fix the switch they replaced the entire radio? . When I left the dealer I hit a small bump and the radio screen went into uncontrolled horizontal hold like an old TV set . I hit the side of it and it stopped. Hit the side of the console again ant it did I it gain so I turned around and went right back tho the dealer and showed him and he sad the unit they installed is defective and will have to be replaced. I drove off and the screen was going crazy and I pushed on the front of the radio and it stopped and has not had a problem since. Now I notice that the DIC is so dim I cannot see it during the day and it is very dull at night and flickers/ pulsates in brightness. Also the brightness control on the dash only works at night and is nonfunctional during the day. I don't remember if that was the way it was before they messed with it. Any advice would be great. Thanks
Dr.Mike,

Greetings and sincere apologies to hear of the DIC brightness concerns. I'm sure that's displeasing for you. Will you be going back to get the unit replaced? Have you made an appointment to take the vehicle back to your dealership?

William R.
GM Customer Care

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 01:39 AM

Had to break it to you Mike, but it sounds like another trip to the dealership is in the cards. Maybe the defective radio has something to do with the dimly lit driver information cluster, but that's merely a poorly aimed shot in the dark. GL

#NEVER GIVE UP
#AUDACITY OF HOPE

"Rather not run the risk of offending anyone, so let me just go ahead and offend someone". -PONY MAN

"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen". -UNKNOWN

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 07:29 PM

resurrecting an old thread

A search brings a lot of questions, no answers.

My GXP the DIC too dim during the day .
Pretty much can not read it in sunlight .

Headlamps on, the DIC is adjustible withe the gauges , from dark to "bright enough"

Daytime, the fixed setting is just too dim.

Has been like this as long as I can remember.
I wrote it off as crappy, but paying attention to my wife's GT, hers is much brighter during the fixed, daylight mode.

Has anyone found a solution for this?

Is the DIC backlit, and bulbs- leds that could be replaced?

Thanks for any help.
Gerry

Black M6 GXP
Black '09 GT
LS7 T56 Chev Wagon
'70 W31 Cutlass
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 11:59 AM

https://www.g8board.com/forums/9-ste...uring-day.html
https://www.g8board.com/forums/9-ste...g-changes.html
Might be worthwhile to reach out to Chris at White Automotive and Media services for more input. Perhaps a fellow forum member has tackled the issue. Good luck

#NEVER GIVE UP
#AUDACITY OF HOPE

"Rather not run the risk of offending anyone, so let me just go ahead and offend someone". -PONY MAN

"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen". -UNKNOWN

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page