I Think Me + G8 GT + Valley Pontiac = CURSED!!! - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
North Western Nor CA, OR, WA, ID, MT

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

I Think Me + G8 GT + Valley Pontiac = CURSED!!!

So they went to redo the clear bra today.

The clear coat came off the car in a couple of spots when they removed the clear bra.

Now they have to repaint the nose.

Again.

Car out of commission for a week.

Again.

Two days to paint.

Two days to cure.

Then put on clear bra. Should have it back on Friday next week.

Thank GOD I have a second set of wheels - I'm rockin' the minivan again!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 - 50 MPH: 3.40 seconds
0 - 60 MPH: 5.01 seconds
1/4 Mile: 13.367 @ 105.25 MPH 2.021 60'

'05 Saturn Relay FWD3 weather beater 158K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 05:54 PM

Dang Dude

Dang Dude... Sorry to hear about your issues. Hope this won't stop you from showing up this weekend at the last GTG of the season

MidlifeG8

Mike
09 Pontiac G8 GT Liquid Red, Debadged Back, Holden V Flag front and back, Rad Cover, Customer License Plate frame
75 Pontiac Grandville Convert, Original,

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle09GT View Post
So they went to redo the clear bra today.

The clear coat came off the car in a couple of spots when they removed the clear bra.

Now they have to repaint the nose.

Again.

Car out of commission for a week.

Again.

Two days to paint.

Two days to cure.

Then put on clear bra. Should have it back on Friday next week.

Thank GOD I have a second set of wheels - I'm rockin' the minivan again!
Sounds like they don't know what they doing. Get your money back and go somewhere else.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]460rwhp/407rwtq
2009 G8 GT 6.0L V8,PSP,TSP LS3 225/230 Cam, PRC LS3 255CC CNC Heads,Trunion Rocker Upgrade,Circle D Stall 3200-3400,Trans Cooler,3.27 Diff,UDP, 1 7/8 OBX LT SS 3"Magnaflow AB,Volant K&N CAI,Patrick G Tune,Lovells Shocks/Struts Gas Legend,Eibach Pro Kit Springs,BMR Sub Frame Conn,Spohn Tunnel Brace, BMR Fr/Rr Sway Bars,PMT Rear Trailing Arms/Toe Links, Brembo's Front,Russell Street Legal Brake Line Braided,GXP Diffuser,Oil Catch Can,SS Rim's,ExtremeContact DWS 245/35/20-285/30/20

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 07:52 PM
GXP

Shoulda boughta GXP(a) !

Sorry about the luck

2009 G8 GXP M6
Stock
370rwhp
2003 Cobra - SOLD
614 RWHP

Last edited by Tylerb59; 11-09-2009 at 06:16 PM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben2009GT View Post
Sounds like they don't know what they doing. Get your money back and go somewhere else.
I think it is just bad luck. When I saw the car the damaged area was the size of a dime down by the passenger side fog lamp. By the nature of the beast, you have to paint the whole thing over.

Cathy and I have been joking that by the time their done there will be 8 to 10 coats of paint on the nose - no more rock chips for me. But I think people will be wondering why the front bumper clip is sticking out 1/8" further than the rest of the car!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
I think it is just bad luck. When I saw the car the damaged area was the size of a dime down by the passenger side fog lamp. By the nature of the beast, you have to paint the whole thing over.

Cathy and I have been joking that by the time their done there will be 8 to 10 coats of paint on the nose - no more rock chips for me. But I think people will be wondering why the front bumper clip is sticking out 1/8" further than the rest of the car!!!
Sorry, don't carry a micrometer around with me, so probably wont notice! But, you won't have rock chips with your VentureShield anyway! And if you did, they'd be extremely DEEP rock chips!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Car still not ready -- won't be ready until Monday. Now it is way more complicated to pick it up.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Car still not ready -- won't be ready until Monday. Now it is way more complicated to pick it up.
Holy crap Dave, they charging you rent? You have a lease with them or something? Either you are caught by Valley, hook, line and sinker, or are extremely anal about your G8?!!?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBBGXP View Post
Holy crap Dave, they charging you rent? You have a lease with them or something? Either you are caught by Valley, hook, line and sinker, or are extremely anal about your G8?!!?
They can't put the bra back on until the paint cures. The cool/wet weather, even though the car is indoors is dragging out the curing time and they are paranoid if they put the bra on too soon, the paint could come off during the process. I have no issues - I have two sets of wheels and I wouldn't be driving the G8 this time of year anyway. Could sit here, could sit there. at least there it is in a heated garage (would have been nice to have driven to Everett yesterday).

Had I picked it up today, given the snow, hail, and ice in the region that came through at rush hour - I would have been ****ED!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 01:18 AM

Quote:
They can't put the bra back on until the paint cures. The cool/wet weather, even though the car is indoors is dragging out the curing time and they are paranoid if they put the bra on too soon, the paint could come off during the process. I have no issues - I have two sets of wheels and I wouldn't be driving the G8 this time of year anyway. Could sit here, could sit there. at least there it is in a heated garage (would have been nice to have driven to Everett yesterday).

Had I picked it up today, given the snow, hail, and ice in the region that came through at rush hour - I would have been ****ED!
I like your attitude! Keep the screws on Valley until they do it right! I can't believe they don't have a paint booth to dry and cure their paint jobs! And with a heated garage, it shouldn't take forever to dry???

Your weather was that ****ty tonight?! WOW! We never even saw snow down here in the poor folks neighborhoods! Guess I would have left "the Great White Hope" in the dealers garage too!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBBGXP View Post
I like your attitude! Keep the screws on Valley until they do it right! I can't believe they don't have a paint booth to dry and cure their paint jobs! And with a heated garage, it shouldn't take forever to dry???

Your weather was that ****ty tonight?! WOW! We never even saw snow down here in the poor folks neighborhoods! Guess I would have left "the Great White Hope" in the dealers garage too!
They do. They let the paint cure five days before they put on the bra last time and the paint came off on the removal. They want to get it right. Again, if this was July, I'd be PISSED. My car missed the hail, graupel, and snow last night and is sitting in a heated garage. WOOT!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page