Sacramento Area Performance Shops? - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
North Western Nor CA, OR, WA, ID, MT

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Sacramento Area Performance Shops?

Hey Sactown! I have just now started making some mods to my baby and need to know if anyone can provide me with a few respected performance shops in the area. Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated. Work needed: Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks Headers, and a Tune.

2008 GT Panther Black

Mods: Corsa Catbacks, Tint, and Racing Peds. Much more to come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmaguire View Post
Hey Sactown! I have just now started making some mods to my baby and need to know if anyone can provide me with a few respected performance shops in the area. Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated. Work needed: Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks Headers, and a Tune.

I don't know of any dedicated performance shops in the greater Sacramento region. Hot rod/custom shops? Yes but most of those shops only touch pre-1972 vehicles.

If your willing to drive, Synergy Motorsports is located in Fremont and they have a solid reputation. Furthermore, they are a one-stop shop offering tuning, engine and suspension upgrades.

P.S.-You have a PM coming.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Thank you!

Thanks a million for the info. I drive down to the Bay Area routinely, so this might be very doable for me. I will give them a look and let you know what I decide. I appreciate the response!

2008 GT Panther Black

Mods: Corsa Catbacks, Tint, and Racing Peds. Much more to come.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 04:57 PM

Garage
Synergy has worked on several G8's in the past and will be doing all of my work in the near future. Rick has been very helpful throughout my modding process (ordering, installs, etc.). He can be a bit busy in the shop, so don't be too discouraged if it is difficult to get in-touch with him.

-Todd...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 06:21 PM

IDK. I'd save a few bucks and not have a shop charge $85-$100 per hour to do the Rotofab install and then I'd go with Livernois for the tune. I'd be willing to lend a hand installing the Rotofab. If you go with Livernois, I'm familiar with their software. Its easy.

The header install is time consuming but I did that myself as well. You could use Synergy for that but just about any reputable shop could do it. I know of a few local shops but none that I'd be comfortable recommending since I haven't used them myself.

Welcome to the board!

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 #2918
2011 Ford F-150 Raptor SuperCrew

SOLD:
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP #1570: SRM, Onyx, M6
- Pedders Xa Street II, Spohn Trailing Arms & Toe Links, BMR Subframes, Gforce Axles, Monster Stage 2 Clutch, MGW Shifter
- SLP LT's, Magnaflow Catback, Fasterproms Stage 2 Intake, Ported TB, VCM Suite OTR CAI, Livernois Tune, Powerbond UDP
- Forgestar F05's - 245/40/19 on 9's, 275/35/19 on 10's
- 440 RWHP/454 RWTQ

Last edited by iceman302; 08-11-2010 at 06:34 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman302 View Post
IDK. I'd save a few bucks and not have a shop charge $85-$100 per hour to do the Rotofab install and then I'd go with Livernois for the tune. I'd be willing to lend a hand installing the Rotofab. If you go with Livernois, I'm familiar with their software. Its easy.

The header install is time consuming but I did that myself as well. You could use Synergy for that but just about any reputable shop could do it. I know of a few local shops but none that I'd be comfortable recommending since I haven't used them myself.

Welcome to the board!

I suggested via PM that you and I could accomodate such a CAI installation. Furthermore, I told him about our resident ASE certified technician who does side work.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan's G8 View Post
I suggested via PM that you and I could accomodate such a CAI installation. Furthermore, I told him about our resident ASE certified technician who does side work.
That's funny. I think we sent duplicate PM's.

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 #2918
2011 Ford F-150 Raptor SuperCrew

SOLD:
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP #1570: SRM, Onyx, M6
- Pedders Xa Street II, Spohn Trailing Arms & Toe Links, BMR Subframes, Gforce Axles, Monster Stage 2 Clutch, MGW Shifter
- SLP LT's, Magnaflow Catback, Fasterproms Stage 2 Intake, Ported TB, VCM Suite OTR CAI, Livernois Tune, Powerbond UDP
- Forgestar F05's - 245/40/19 on 9's, 275/35/19 on 10's
- 440 RWHP/454 RWTQ

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page