Seattle Area Dealers? - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
North Western Nor CA, OR, WA, ID, MT

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
syd

Seattle Area Dealers?

Hello!

I'm new to the fold, and haven't taken delivery of my G8 yet but I hope to next week On that note, I'm hoping you guys can help me figure some stuff out. I'm located in the Seattle Area (downtown).

1)Where are you taking your cars for warranty/service work and what has your experience been with that dealership?

2)Do you have mods (hardcore ones such as headers or a cam?)

3)Any places I should stay away from?

Looking forward to meeting you all in person! Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 08:36 AM

Welcome Syd! There is some help for you at the local PNW G8 Club that also runs a small forum (www.pnwg8.com). Plenty of info there on the Seattle G8 scene. Hope to see you soon!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
syd

awesome! Had not seen this before. Thank you!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 08:28 AM

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 12:44 AM
Cars are my hobby...

1)Where are you taking your cars for warranty/service work and what has your experience been with that dealership?

Kirkland Buick/GMC - My car has been damaged by them (or the tow truck company - still unsure). They do decent warranty work.

2)Do you have mods (hardcore ones such as headers or a cam?)

In my sig and they still work on my car.

3)Any places I should stay away from?

I had one bad experience, front bumper cracked, rim damaged... Neither tow truck (GM's warranty towing) nor the dealership owned up. However, I was outside of my warranty and the dealership still worked on my car with-in the warranty because of my previous experience .. and the work was about 2K in work.

2008 G8 GT - Procharger 14PSI D1SC, Squash Double Pumper & Fuel Rails, ID725, ZR1 Map, Port & Polished w/ 4 angle heads, Forge 9.5:1, Pacesetters 1 3/4" LTH (CAT-less), Flowmaster Super 44s, X-pipe, Brembos, 3200 FTI Triple Stall, EBC rotors & yellow pads, Motegii MR120 20x9 +38 275/30s wheels, Pedders Coilovers/Swaybars, BMR Strut bar, Pat G cam/tune!

Old: 353.8
New: 632/530 Mustang Dyno

Last edited by ExpLiciTSainT; 05-04-2011 at 12:29 AM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 11:55 PM

I recommend Gamblin Motors in Enumclaw. I know it's a bit of a drive for you, but I live in Olympia and it's an hour drive for me to get there, but it's worth it. I even have a dealership about 1/4 mile from my house, but I'm willing to drive there for their service. I haven't been there in awhile though and I think their management has changed so I'm not 100% if you'll still get great service.
I took my car there because I had the transmission shift flare issue and when I took my car there, they told me they couldn't replicate the problem, but figured since I was willing to drive an hour to have them look at it that I wasn't lying so they fixed it anyway and gave me a free loaner car for 3 days while they were working on it. I know one guy named Brian who just moved to NC had taken his car in there because he needed his lower control arms replaced and they replaced his under warranty and his G8 was supercharged and lowered with Shocks/Struts/Springs.
Just a thought even it's a long drive. I think some people have said good things about Clyde Revord Motors and they might be closer to you.
BTW welcome to the club.

-Dallas
2009 Pontiac G8 GT Liquid Red Premium/Sport, 20" MRR GT1 Staggered wheels, Superchips Cortex, Vararam OTR, Solo Axle-back w/ 3.5" tips, x-pipe, 20% tint all around, 6000K DDM HIDs, LED fogs, TS|S Fender Badges, GXP Diffuser, Spare tire kit, Maverick Man CF Spoiler, Blacked Out Front Grills, Belkin Bluetooth Audio
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 12:06 AM

Ask for Jordon Morrissey in service at Gamblin if you choose to go there. He's a good kid, tell him Mike and John told you to ask for him!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 11:37 PM
What Would Jesus Drive?

Kai at Clyde Revord Motors will take good care of you. Tell him Tony with the Holden sent you.

1974 Ford Bronco
Owner: Seattle SEO Pros
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
syd

This is all great advice. I finally got the car last night and the love story is being written as we speak. Such a shame that this car isn't still being sold for civilian use in the U.S. any longer. I'm optimistic that I will be able to find mechanics that are familiar with it though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page