Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com - View Single Post - 2009 G8 GT w/SAS Bluetooth upgrade
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 09:19 AM
zepcom

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaff View Post
This thread seems to have died...can anyone give me an update on if SAS is progressing towards a end user deliverable kit for Bluetooth + OnStar on 2009.1's? Their website appears to have had this section removed???
Shaff,

Not to burst your bubble, but there are many 2009.1 owners out there (still) looking for integrated onstar bluetooth (me included), and I am afraid that this "unauthorized mod" has ran it's course.

I think GM/Onstar got privy to what some were doing, even if they were "greening" the units to allow for them to be re-associated with a new VIN, and GM administratively "fixed the loophole" and locked the door. Weather it's GM's financial instability or scarcity of parts or new policies put into place, I have not heard of any recent "conversions" that have been successful.

I'm waiting too, but I'm afraid that as time goes on, the chance of getting this mod is lower and lower.

--zepcom

2009.1 ZEPCOM MGM G8 GT
Kooks LT's, SOLO HFC & Mach Unbalanced with J-pipes, SLP Tips.
Livernois tune, VCM, FE3's, full Holden blue gauges conversion, iphone on display. Daily Driver FTW
The ZEPCOM G8 was SOLO's test mule
www.youtube.com/zepcom

Bought 3/30/2009, retired 7/18/2017 at 136k miles, still strong. Been a great ride, she will be missed!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome