JRE dipstick with Camaro Trans pan come in - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Drivetrain Tech 5L40 A5 / 6L80 A6 / TR6060 M6 / ZF Rear Diff

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

JRE dipstick with Camaro Trans pan come in

I followed the procedure on filling the transmission fluid, I opened the drain bolt while running in operating temps till fluid slowly started coming out but my JRE dipstick reads nothing on the stick I’m worried. It gets wet only when I slide the stick into tube from residual fluid in the tube from pouring in transmission fluid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 03:49 AM

Easiest way to answer that? Take off the pan, put the dipstick in, and see where it ends up in relation to the level-check port. That will shed some light on this I bet. Sucks to waste all that liquid gold but might as well cover all bases. I suppose you could just CAREFULLY lower the pan with all the fluid in it...

There's a discussion here that might shed some light or raise more questions:

https://www.newcaprice.com/forum/vie...t=821&start=20

-J

2012 Caprice
2008 Crown Vic

Past LSx:
2002 Camaro Z28
2000 Formula
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastcall190 View Post
Easiest way to answer that? Take off the pan, put the dipstick in, and see where it ends up in relation to the level-check port. That will shed some light on this I bet. Sucks to waste all that liquid gold but might as well cover all bases. I suppose you could just CAREFULLY lower the pan with all the fluid in it...

There's a discussion here that might shed some light or raise more questions:

https://www.newcaprice.com/forum/vie...t=821&start=20

-J
thanks man tons of info in here with that thread. What I came up with... the trans fluid would sit in the dipstick tube at the bends and puddle up and slowly drip down so I would fill some fluid let all the fluid drip down than fire it up and check it. I got it all ironed out. Thanks man

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 08:47 AM

Yeah man ... There is a lot of info that is related to the topic but if you have done something wrong, then you must have to go and search for a mechanic for your car.

Auto transport city, the best leading transportation platform for shippers and carriers. A single platform where you can easily transport and ship your car easily within the secure payment and 24/7 support assistance.
auto shipping group
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowerwhore View Post
thanks man tons of info in here with that thread. What I came up with... the trans fluid would sit in the dipstick tube at the bends and puddle up and slowly drip down so I would fill some fluid let all the fluid drip down than fire it up and check it. I got it all ironed out. Thanks man

Good to hear, and thanks for updating with what you yourself found.

-J

2012 Caprice
2008 Crown Vic

Past LSx:
2002 Camaro Z28
2000 Formula
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saramoore673 View Post
Yeah man ... There is a lot of info that is related to the topic but if you have done something wrong, then you must have to go and search for a mechanic for your car.
show me ... nothing related to pooling of trans fluid in the actual dipstick tube was discussed that I have found. Not my first rodeo bud.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 02:14 PM

Pretty sure the dipstick is designed to read with the car off and the fluid in the pan. The fill procedure is done with the car running at normal temp, so there is very little fluid in the pan for the dipstick to register.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 03:03 PM

Disregard post number four it's probably spam.

#AUDACITY OF HOPE
#NAYSAYERS = MOTIVATION
#DON'T PATRONIZE ELITISTS

"Pregame...too early. Postgame...too late. Final score...all that matters". -PONY MAN

"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen". -UNKNOWN

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowerwhore View Post
I've been looking to do the same Camaro pan and filter with the JRE dipstick. I take it you needed to add more fluid for it to show full on the dipstick and all is well?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page