Alignment issues - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

Alignment issues

Any of you guys lowered with bmr parts. Such as there lca, trailing arms and toe Rods. I was lowered and aligned. Then I switched out the lca tailing arms and toe Rods. I've been to multiple alignment shops and they can't get aligned. Last time they needed a camber kit. Got it and it didn't Help on the rear. They said the eccentric will not move. I tried and it will only move quarter or so either direction. My guess is the lca are designed for the camaro and wasn't tested on these. Any ideas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 10:23 PM

I think the BMR non adjustable LCA's take adjustable toe rods
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 08:01 AM

Not trying to be a jerk but did you research those parts before purchasing? It's a very well known problem that adjustable toe rods are needed when buying their non-adjustable lower control arms. Even then, I think some cars still have alignment issues. Maybe try to sell them and purchase the adjustable lowers instead? Tons of adjustment in those.

2009 LR GT,Red/Onyx, Sport, Roof
Vararam, pypes headers, Borla X pipe, 2014 SS mufflers, Pat G custom cam, 3.45 Camaro diff, Powerhaus/ Sky tune
Koni yellows, H&R springs (cut dead coil), Polyelast strut bushings, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing arms, Whiteline radius rod, front lower control arm and rear cradle bushings, GXP Front Bumper and Diffuser,
Axis 18's, 255/40 (front), 275/40 (rear) Firestone Indy 500 Tires

12.29 @ 114
1.9 60 ft

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 09:33 AM

I too think spending the extra $ on the adjustable LCA's are worth it
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

I do have the adjustable toe rods. I was hoping not having to sell these and spend more money on the adjustables plus all the money in alignments so far. Money money money. so much fun
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 12:55 PM

You do not need adjustable toe rods and arms. What you do need is those cam bolts that have MORE adjustment. The fact the stock ones only do a 1/4 turn means they are partly seized. And some shop was too lazy to remove them and lube them. You will find the Moog or Mevotech have rear toe rods that come in pairs, a long and a short. This does one control arm and toerod. Note the greater offset of the bolt gives more adjustment in the alignment. Bolt is at the outer edge. stock is closer to the centre

'09 SRM GT. VCM Intake, Saxonpc MAF Screen 5:1, Cortex,1.85 Rockers/105# Springs, JBA shorty's, Solo H/F Cats, Solo Mach Balanced. BMR Sway bars, Superpro Polyelast mounts, Whiteline Rear Subframe Bushing, Mevotech arms. PPV struts/shocks, MPSS Tires
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Update
I meant to say adjustable lca. I have bmr mon adjustable lcr. I went to another alignment shop. They had problems too. Until the older shop guy came over and pulled the pins on the rear slides of the rack. And the bolts magically moved. Now I'm maxed out at -.6 rear camber. So if I want more ill have to get the adjustable lcr. But ill monitor Tire wear and see if it's needed. Next step is to ask for a refund from the other shop.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 07:00 AM

GT Drew.... The shop was too lazy to take them out and clean them? Huh?

I don't know about the G8, but other vehicles that I have worked on....if the cams/bolts are seized, that means they are not just going to come out. That's why they are seized lol. At my shop, if that's the case, the customer would be getting a phone call to let them know they are seized and a estimate for the charge to fix the problem. Everyone is quick to blame the shop or mechanic...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page