Koni shock experience - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By GMpowered
  • 1 Post By BMR Sales

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Koni shock experience

I just wanted to take minute to share my awesome koni customer service /warranty claim. I had a rear shock lower seat failure and koni worked with me to send out replacements right away at a discounted price, which was later reimbursed after they looked at and verified the failed part. Also they gave me both rear shocks at no cost because the other rear shock met the 5 year minimum in service requirement.
Awesome company! I will buy again. It was refreshing after getting no help a few months ago with a superpro issue.

Aside: I switched the springs while I was at it from the 75k mile eibach to tien s tech's. I really like the new setup. I think the rear sits about 3/4 to 1 inch higher, which was needed. Eibach's were sagging a bit.

09 G8GT - VCM OTR, OBX LT, HPT, Koni/Eibach/whiteline, BMR subframe inserts, SuperPro C.A. & R.R., Centric Rotors/Bobcats

Last edited by GMpowered; 05-22-2019 at 11:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMpowered View Post
I just wanted to take minute to share my awesome koni customer service /warranty claim. I had a rear shock lower seat failure and koni worked with me to send out replacements right away at a discounted price, which was later reimbursed after they looked at and verified the failed part. Also they gave me both rear shocks at no cost because the other rear shock meet the 5 year minimum in service requirement.
Awesome company! I will buy again. It was refreshing after getting no help a few months ago with a superpro issue.

Aside I switched the springs will I was at it from the 75k mile eibach to tien s tech's. I really like the new setup. I think the rear sits about 3/4 to 1 inch higher, which it needed. Eibach were sagging a bit.
Yes, their warranty is very good. They won't cover parts that their parts damage though. In my case, a front strut insert leaked oil which caused the top hat's rubber to swell. I had to replace this part at my expense.

Quote:
Also they gave me both rear shocks at no cost because the other rear shock meet the 5 year minimum in service requirement.
Can you expand on this?

#754 of 1829: GXP
#23 of 67: LR, M6, Roof, Onyx/Red
#22 of 37: Summer-only Potenza tires
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

The other rear shock was technically fine, but I expressed concern with koni that having a new and a 75k mile shock in the rear doesnt seem like a good idea.. so they told me per there ruled of warranty claims if the shocks are old enough ie 5+ years they replace the second shock as well, regardless of condition... I got lucky there really.
GXP25 likes this.

09 G8GT - VCM OTR, OBX LT, HPT, Koni/Eibach/whiteline, BMR subframe inserts, SuperPro C.A. & R.R., Centric Rotors/Bobcats

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 10:54 AM
Site Sponsor

Koni is great when it comes to Warranties and it's Lifetime.
GXP25 likes this.

T.C. Davis

BMR G8, 5th Gen Camaro & Early Muscle Car Tech
Feel free to E-mail me with your questions
www.bmrsuspension.com
Like us on Facebook!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page