Pontiac G8 Forum banner

About to do H&R coilovers

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  5litrarag 
#1 ·
Time to finally refresh the suspension on the 115k mile cruiser...
I'm doing superpro strut mounts and bmr poly rear cradle bushings.
Gonna buy some new bumpstops as I'd imagine the stickers are beat to hell. Anything else you guys might add?

#2 ·
You will need to transfer the stock tops of the old shocks to mount the H&Rs. I had to buy them because I went BC Coilovers and left the stockers w the guy who swapped them out. The swaybar bushings on my BMRs do not have grease nipples and the ones on the front won't hold a fitting worth squat. I have to take off the links and grease them both by hand. You should expect a good ride from these coilovers. I had a shattered bearing (MI Pothole) from running the overwound and poorly damped BC's and it wasn't spotted by the installer until I found it. If you do the body inserts expect more road noise. Of course you will be getting an alignment. I raised the back to near min drop to avoid rubbing even after I got the fenders rolled for my 275s. Move on knowing that many cars that can outrun you in the 1/4 will lose to you on a road course or the twisties. Brake upgrade is your friend.

#3 ·
Shock tops? The rear mounts need to be swapped onto the coilovers?
Also I'm not running adjustable sways....
Do the bumpstops need to be trimmed?

#5 ·
I believe he was talking about the spring seats part number 92257840 (so you can see what they look like) he had to buy new ones as BC coilovers don't use them... if you have the factory suspension you should be able to re use the ones you have... I Have done the H&R install myself there are no bump stops you need to buy or trim.. the front have an internal bump stop so you wont see it and the rears fit fine(included with the suspension). If you have any other questions LMK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.