Welcome Kooks Custom Headers! - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Welcome Kooks Custom Headers!

G8Board.com would like to welcome Kooks Custom Headers as our newest Supporting Vendor!

Please take a moment to visit their website at the following URL:

www.KooksCustomHeaders.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 10:39 PM

Your LT Header System is awesome! I've got mine ordered though Vector Motorsports. I can't wait to get them on my car & to go back to the track!

2009 White Hot G8 GT (stock)

* SOLD * 222/230 .597/.600 114+4 EPS Cam, Patrick G ECM/TCM Tune, Roto-Fab CAI, HSRK, Yank 3200 Torque Converter,
Transmission Cooler, Kooks 1 3/4" LT Headers, high flow cats, stock mufflers, Billet Prototypes Catch Can, UD Pulley,
Ported Intake Manifold, Spohn Trailing Arms

407 RWHP & 365 RWTQ

Best Time: 12.517 @ 115.02mph w/ 1.97 60' time - (on stock 18" AS Tires)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 01:26 PM

so if I want headers and I already have a magnaflow exhaust which ones can I get the would fit and give me the most hps??

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 10:07 AM

i just had my kooks LT headers and complete exhaust system put on and they sound great. the guys that did the work for me put my car on their website.

thanks kooks
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 05:08 AM

Ok, brining it back from the dead but I have a question. Im coming home for R&R in late August and going to have the Kooks LT Headers, Off-Road X pipe, magnaflow Axle back exhaust and Volant CAI. The place im taking it to will then us an HP tuner program and dyno tune my car for the most HP/Torque gains. What can be realistically expected from this full install? Since this is for Kooks what can I expect from your system with the Magnaflow Axle back in particular? I only ask cause im looking for decent gains as this little endeavor is going to run around $3000 total, will I be getting my monies worth?

2011 Ford F-150 FX4 EcoBoost

2009 Metallic Gray G8 GT (SOLD)
Sport and Premium Package
American Racing Headers with HF Cat X-pipe
Magnaflow Axleback
Vararam CAI
HP Tune
368rwhp with 378ft/lbs
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicff0879 View Post
Ok, brining it back from the dead but I have a question. Im coming home for R&R in late August and going to have the Kooks LT Headers, Off-Road X pipe, magnaflow Axle back exhaust and Volant CAI. The place im taking it to will then us an HP tuner program and dyno tune my car for the most HP/Torque gains. What can be realistically expected from this full install? Since this is for Kooks what can I expect from your system with the Magnaflow Axle back in particular? I only ask cause im looking for decent gains as this little endeavor is going to run around $3000 total, will I be getting my monies worth?
Typical dyno numbers for this setup is 350-360rwhp...being the average GT puts down about 300rwhp stock, your looking at a 50-60rwhp gain with those mods and good tune.

2009 Mercedes C63 AMG
2009 G8 GT--Sold!
2000 Cherokee Sport 4x4

SOLD: 2006 TBSS, 2005 GTO, 2004 SRT-4, 2002 SER Spec-V...all gone but never forgotten!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewieJr View Post
Typical dyno numbers for this setup is 350-360rwhp...being the average GT puts down about 300rwhp stock, your looking at a 50-60rwhp gain with those mods and good tune.

Thanks for the fast reply!! I forget when Im posting over here that you guys are anywhere from 9.5-12.5 hrs behind me.

Sounds like some nice numbers, would it be wrong of me to ask how that might translate into improved 0-60mph times as well as quarter mile time improvements? Im guessing this is good for around .3 tenth improvement in 0-60 and maybe around the same for quarter mile? Is this a little far fetched?

2011 Ford F-150 FX4 EcoBoost

2009 Metallic Gray G8 GT (SOLD)
Sport and Premium Package
American Racing Headers with HF Cat X-pipe
Magnaflow Axleback
Vararam CAI
HP Tune
368rwhp with 378ft/lbs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page