Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bryan/College Station, Texas
I took mine off this week to take to the upholstery shop. It took me about an hour to get it off. I did not take out the right front seat like the directions say. Just folded both seats all the way back.
Here's what I did:
1) remove both sunvisors
2) pull down door weatherstrips
3) remove A pillar trim
4) remove B pillar trim. you will have to remove the bottom section first then there are two screws on the top section
5) remove C pillar trim. there is a screw behind the cap on each one
6) remove dash trim by the windshield that covers the tweeter. you will need to unplug the wire harness that runs to the headliner
7) remove front overhead console. open the sunglasses holder and there is one screw to unscrew. then pull down from the front
8) remove rear light
9) remove the two rear "oh *****" handles
10) pull headliner out right rear door.
When pulling the headliner out it did make a half inch tear in the cardboard (or whatever material it is) at the front center from bending it out but I don't feel its going to be an issue. I really didn't feel like dealing with pulling the seat.
2009 MSM G8 GT w/ Sport and Premium Package
19" Summer Tires / Onyx Leather / No Roof
Mods: Pat G Cam 218/224 .600/.600 113+2, Rotofab, Pat G Dyno Tune, Kooks catted mid length headers, Corsa Catback, 3.27 gears, Morimoto 35w 4500k HID, Kicker KX250.2 amp, 12" Kicker Comp subwoofer