Anyone have this SLP style ebay spoiler? - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Anyone have this SLP style ebay spoiler?

For $160 painted it sounds really good and going through the feedback on ebay it seems that the people that bought one for their G8 really like it, so just seeing if anyone here has one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/PAINTED-PON...-/232198522689[/URL]"]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 08:19 PM

I purchased one like it. The paint was nice and a good color match but it had a small chip in it. I decided to intall it anyway, which was easy once you get over adding additional holes to the trunk. Then about a week or more later I realized the wing was not even on each side. One side of the wing looked almost level (front to rear angle) but the other side was sloped far more to the front so the leading edge was only about a 1/4" from the trunk with the other side closer to an inch. If I didn't mention it people wouldn't notice it, but I saw it every time I looked at it and it drove me nuts. I have since taken it off and I'm wingless......still need to fill the holes. Got tired of messing with the wing issue. The mavrick man takes to long, the g8 only wing had many fitment issues even after a couple of tries and its costly given it's not painted, this version was uneven with a blemish, oem is also expensive. So I guess I'm done with the wings.

If you buy one just be sure to pay closer attention than I did when you test fit it. Make sure that the wing is even front to back on each side. If it wasn't for that and the chip it would have been a great deal. I could have probably returned it but I was so disgusted with it I just set it a side, it's still taking up space on my work bench. I though I might modify it and make something original so didn't return it but in hind sight I should have. After a while the naked look starts to look better and better.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 10:30 PM

Just so you know, that's not the SLP style wing. That's a repo of the SV6 or SS V style of wing that Holden put on the Commodore. There have been a decent number of members on here that have installed that wing and I heard mostly good things about it. Although as mentioned above there is always the off chance you could get one that isn't great. I wonder if anyone has one painted with the bottom black and the top color matched to the car.

2009.5 SBM GT: Lots of show with some go.
The garage queen.

2008 IOM GT: Some go, working on the show.
The daily driver.

2004 Blazer Xtreme: Lots of go.
Sold and will be missed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page