Paint Shop - Full Car Reccomendations - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Paint Shop - Full Car Reccomendations

Does anybody in the Charlotte area know of any good shops for paint work?

I'm talking about a full paint job. I'm sticking with the same color to save some dough rather than a color change. I have heard that Maaco is hit or miss, and I don't know of any good shops otherwise that are good with full car work.

Many of them just do repairs...

Let me know if you have any recommendations.

'09 PSM G8 GT - OPG Intake, DOD-Delete w/ Stage 1C 218/229 .600 Lift 117.5LSA, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids, Solo Axle-Back w/ X-Pipe, SuperPro Bushings (Front and Rear). BMR Sway Bars (Red)
Power: 400HP/392TQ

"If you want to criticize someone else's work, be sure that your own is in order first."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 12:57 PM

Don't use Maaco or Earl Shiester. Find a good quality shop. See who the high end dealers use.

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (#18 of 23 as optioned), MSM, 6M, Sunroof, Onyx/Red

2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829 (#37 of 68 as optioned), MSM, 6A, Sunroof, Onyx

2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, #555 of 2221

Forum junkie at the G8Board and "The G8 Forum That Shall Not Be Named"!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 07:55 PM

What's your budget? High quality work is going to cost. $3-5k would be my guess.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 07:59 AM

Also recommend researching who the high end dealers use. If you can, find someone to ask at Porsche, Mercedes, Bentley, Rolls Royce, BMW, etc. These dealers often send cars to very specific body shops for paint work. Of course, you'll pay top end...

2009 G8 GT, White Hot, Cortex, Camaro Trans Pan, VCM Intake, GXP Mufflers
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 01:17 PM
Its Good To Be Tha King

There is a Caliber Collision behind the Bentley dealership on Tyvola, just off I77 (exit 5). They do excellent work and always have really, really nice vehicles in the shop, like the ones listed in the post above mine.

https://calibercollision.com/locate-...xury-charlotte

Trigger - Fully Loaded 2008 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/
Adams/OBX/Nitto
PRAISE THE LOWERED

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Good pointers. I didn't think of that....

I know just who to go to for high end stuff. There's a Maserati dealer on the way home from work.

@mgm - I agree and am thinking $3-5K as well. It might increase a bit with a few repairs that I also need to have done.

'09 PSM G8 GT - OPG Intake, DOD-Delete w/ Stage 1C 218/229 .600 Lift 117.5LSA, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids, Solo Axle-Back w/ X-Pipe, SuperPro Bushings (Front and Rear). BMR Sway Bars (Red)

"If you want to criticize someone else's work, be sure that your own is in order first."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 02:10 PM

Garage
It's not cheap, but it's much more worth it to do it right than do it cheap. Check out some work they've done for sure. Checking out high end dealerships is probably a good place to get references. You could also look for people that do classic car restoration work too, as opposed to your typical body/paint shop.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninety6 View Post
It's not cheap, but it's much more worth it to do it right than do it cheap. Check out some work they've done for sure. Checking out high end dealerships is probably a good place to get references. You could also look for people that do classic car restoration work too, as opposed to your typical body/paint shop.
That's my thought on it really. Nothing is worse than a cheap job that fades or peels in time. I'm going to save some cost by keeping the same color. That'll cut down on some of the work that would be essential for a color change. I kinda like this color. If anything, I'd want it to be a little deeper in color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRG963 View Post
There is a Caliber Collision behind the Bentley dealership on Tyvola, just off I77 (exit 5). They do excellent work and always have really, really nice vehicles in the shop, like the ones listed in the post above mine.

https://calibercollision.com/locate-...xury-charlotte
I drive past there every day, so I suppose it is worth taking a look on the way home to see what they can do. I'll find some others as well, but that's gonna take some digging. So there's one place, thanks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page