Seat cushions info - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
FBM

Seat cushions info

Hi guys I recently started looking into getting my drivers seat bottom cushion fixed and decided whether to steam it or just replace it with out spending a ton of money since they are not available its getting harder to find but I was lucky enough to find the last one at a dealership on the east coast but after receiving it I found that left and right side seat bottom are the same even though the part numbers are different I found that there are no visible difference for left or right installs plus a company in Australia called holmart list the same part numbers for left or right sides the other difference is gm listed them as cloth or leather since I have leather seats it has the heating seat elements built in to the cushions they are a little bit more money but I think its worth getting it rather than trying to remove it and installing it to the new cushion with upholstery adhesive without damaging the heating element so in the end I bought a direct replacement but could have saved close to $100.00 if I had known you can find the seat cushions on ebay as low as 90 to 170

Left or right bottom cushions same
Leather or cloth is with or without heating element I believe that is the only difference but I am not 100% sure I hope this helps good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBM View Post
Hi guys I recently started looking into getting my drivers seat bottom cushion fixed and decided whether to steam it or just replace it with out spending a ton of money since they are not available its getting harder to find but I was lucky enough to find the last one at a dealership on the east coast but after receiving it I found that left and right side seat bottom are the same even though the part numbers are different I found that there are no visible difference for left or right installs plus a company in Australia called holmart list the same part numbers for left or right sides the other difference is gm listed them as cloth or leather since I have leather seats it has the heating seat elements built in to the cushions they are a little bit more money but I think its worth getting it rather than trying to remove it and installing it to the new cushion with upholstery adhesive without damaging the heating element so in the end I bought a direct replacement but could have saved close to $100.00 if I had known you can find the seat cushions on ebay as low as 90 to 170

Left or right bottom cushions same
Leather or cloth is with or without heating element I believe that is the only difference but I am not 100% sure I hope this helps good luck
cool! great to know... did you message me a few weeks ago on ebay on my auction for the seat frames?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 06:46 AM

Can you share which seat cushion part number has the heating element?

2009 LR GT,Red/Onyx, Sport, Roof
Vararam, pypes headers, Borla X pipe, 2014 SS mufflers, Pat G custom cam, 3.45 Camaro diff, Powerhaus/ Sky tune
Koni yellows, H&R springs (cut dead coil), Polyelast strut bushings, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing arms, Whiteline radius rod, front lower control arm and rear cradle bushings, GXP Front Bumper and Diffuser,
Axis 18's, 255/40 (front), 275/40 (rear) Firestone Indy 500 Tires

12.29 @ 114
1.9 60 ft
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
FBM

Yea I hit you up on ebay you had the frames right
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
FBM

Here are the gm part numbers the other thing I didnt mention is the heated seat element connectors I didnt check if they are the same for left and right side but it is easy to check on the vehicle before it's taken apparent I'll see after work

9 92207958 / Seat Cushion Pad
Seat Cushion Pad, RIGHT

W/ LEATHER

-
9 92250795 / Seat Cushion Pad
Seat Cushion Pad, LEFT

W/ O LEATHER

-
9 92207957 / Seat Cushion Pad
Seat Cushion Pad, RIGHT

W/ O LEATHER

-
9 92207959 / Seat Cushion Pad
Seat Cushion Pad, LEFT

W/ LEATHER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page