Homemade Pillar Pod - Suggestions - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Homemade Pillar Pod - Suggestions

Has anyone made their own A Pillar gauge pod?

Some people have purchased the pillar pods that one company produces, and reported quality issues, along with the extended wait time. I don't want to purchase a product that is going to split, crack, and paint chip, so I thought, why not create my own. I would rather save some money and get hands on while my car is parked this winter.

One person on FB made one using a 2010 Camaro pod and molded it to the factory A pillar. I am looking for any ideas and suggestions, if you have some!

2009 MSM G8 GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 10:03 AM

I did.

https://www.g8board.com/forums/8-app...illar-pod.html

1978 Trans AM
2009 G8 GT
2010 Genesis Track Edition
2005 GTO (Sold but not forgotten)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post

That turned out really good! Was it a pod from the 5th gen Camaro? And do you have the link where you purchased it?

I would like to try to make a triple, but might not be necessary with an Aeroforce and Wideband for a cam/bolt-on car

2009 MSM G8 GT

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zpappas View Post
That turned out really good! Was it a pod from the 5th gen Camaro? And do you have the link where you purchased it?

I would like to try to make a triple, but might not be necessary with an Aeroforce and Wideband for a cam/bolt-on car
Thanks. Yes its from a 5th gen. Not sure where the pod was purchased from. I bought the gauges and pod from a member on the Camaro forums.

1978 Trans AM
2009 G8 GT
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
Thanks. Yes its from a 5th gen. Not sure where the pod was purchased from. I bought the gauges and pod from a member on the Camaro forums.

It looks like that was the Stillen version, which I was unable to find anywhere. I am still looking around to see if I can find a 5th gen camaro pod cheap.

While searching online, I saw this 08-14 WRX/STI Pillar pod that looks close to the same shape as the G8, so this is another possible choice.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Found the same pod used on a 5th gen facebook page and it is on the way. I misspoke, and it is not the Stillen version, it is the Autometer 12214 pod. The pictures they show are deceiving, but Jegs shows the "indent" by the gauge which I really liked, and summit shows a person's review of it. Progress will be shown as I receive them and begin the work!

2009 MSM G8 GT

Last edited by Zpappas; 11-15-2018 at 08:12 AM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zpappas View Post
Edit: Found the same pod used on a 5th gen facebook page and it is on the way. I misspoke, and it is not the Stillen version, it is the Autometer 12214 pod. The pictures they show are deceiving, but Jegs shows the "indent" by the gauge which I really liked, and summit shows a person's review of it. Progress will be shown as I receive them and begin the work!
Excellent! That's the same reason I got this pod. I like the indent in the pillar. I don't like the way the other pillar pods look with the gauges sticking out.

1978 Trans AM
2009 G8 GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page