G8 front seat headrest stop removal procedure? - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

G8 front seat headrest stop removal procedure?

Hello and thanks for taking time to read this.

I am in the process of removing he leather seat covers and am down to just needing to remove the plastic insert that serves as the headrest stop that fits in to the tube(s) of the headrest rail system.

How do you get these out without damaging anything?

Thank you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 06:33 PM

I'm sure this applies to both plastic inserts on the seats. Press down the cushion on the outboard side of each guide (until it exposes another push tab). Then depress that tab inward (with a small screwdriver type tool) an pull the guide out of the seat back. Ensure that the guide with the head rest adjuster lock is reinstalled into the outboard position.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Hello and thank you for taking time to respond, that was the first thing I tried, that tab won't budge on either side, what am I missing?

Thank you!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 11:05 AM

The head rests must be removed to start with (which I'm sure you had already done). I looked harder at the drawings and can see that the push tab is part of the plastic guide itself, an is protruding thru the metal pipe from the inside of the tubing. That visible tab (that you can see poking thru the tubing), must be depressed completely inboard of the metal tubing before the plastic guide will release to the point of pulling it up an out.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Thanks GOPHERIT my mistake was thinking the push tab was at the very top, that is only a locating tab and it is not a push tab, going further down the tube I found the release tab, again thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page