Rear spolier replacement options - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Rear spolier replacement options

My rear trunk stock spoiler flew off while driving down the interstate. I've been look for replacement options without much luck. I am just looking for the stock spoiler. The dealership has it for $780 plus paint. Are there any cheaper options out there?? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 09:58 AM

Garage
I believe G8only and Maverick Man Carbon have fiberglass replacements that are cheaper than that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BTR Stage 2 Kooks LTs SLP Powerflo 3.27 Rear
6/4-pot Brembos Tein/PPV BMR Bars/Arms TSW Nurburgrings
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmuchow View Post
My rear trunk stock spoiler flew off while driving down the interstate. I've been look for replacement options without much luck. I am just looking for the stock spoiler. The dealership has it for $780 plus paint. Are there any cheaper options out there?? Thanks!
Australia. ~$300-$400 shipped.

#754 of 1829: GXP
#23 of 67: LR, M6, Roof, Onyx/Red
#22 of 37: Summer-only Potenza tires

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 10:36 AM

I've got a stock PBM spoiler for sale if you're interested.

2009.5 SBM GT: Lots of show with some go.
The garage queen.

2008 IOM GT: Some go, working on the show.
The daily driver.

2004 Blazer Xtreme: Lots of go.
Sold and will be missed.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 10:44 AM

If you can swing a deal with "BlueG8GT" terrific. If not, they show that gtog8ta.com sells the complete oem spoiler kit for $500 with a P/N LMG2380
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 01:00 PM

On a computer, can go 1. Edit. 2. Delete. 3. Select delete this message. 4. Then click on delete message and remove a post.

#NEVER GIVE UP
#AUDACITY OF HOPE

"Rather not run the risk of offending anyone, so let me just go ahead and offend someone". -PONY MAN

"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen". -UNKNOWN

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 01:22 PM

^^^^^ That worked as advertised, thanks. Another example that shows no mater how old I get, i keep on learning.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 07:39 AM

Garage
I ordered mine from BodyKitsKingdom. It takes a few weeks to get here and the clear coat on mine isn't 100% perfect, but I like it. They might tell you to order through G8Only though since they are a vendor, or you might be able to email them and pay through paypal yourself and save about $20.

2009 MSM G8 GT
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 11:36 AM

I've found one from an online GM dealer online for ~550 including shipping, gmcertifiedparts.com (but I've found multiple places with the price within $20 or so from each other).

Before mounting it, I took a soldering iron, and melted a solid seam along the whole perimeter of the mounting surface, and also poured epoxy around the little vertical stands that connect the upper and lower parts of the spoiler. I hope this one will last better.

The plastic of the spoiler is actually very resilient. I've tried to break a piece off the old spoiler, and I couldn't, I could only cut it with the shears, and even that quite difficult. But I guess the loads on these little connectors are so high that over time they break off.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 02:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sab123 View Post
I've found one from an online GM dealer online for ~550 including shipping, gmcertifiedparts.com (but I've found multiple places with the price within $20 or so from each other).

Before mounting it, I took a soldering iron, and melted a solid seam along the whole perimeter of the mounting surface, and also poured epoxy around the little vertical stands that connect the upper and lower parts of the spoiler. I hope this one will last better.

The plastic of the spoiler is actually very resilient. I've tried to break a piece off the old spoiler, and I couldn't, I could only cut it with the shears, and even that quite difficult. But I guess the loads on these little connectors are so high that over time they break off.

For that price, might as well go aftermarket with the FRP (and paint it) or CF from Mavman, but you will probably be waiting a while

2009 MSM G8 GT
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 03:41 PM

~$260 new. Shipping should be less than $100.

http://cgi.ebay.com/232490063330

#754 of 1829: GXP
#23 of 67: LR, M6, Roof, Onyx/Red
#22 of 37: Summer-only Potenza tires
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 06:19 PM

Quote:
For that price, might as well go aftermarket with the FRP (and paint it) or CF from Mavman, but you will probably be waiting a while
Yes You WILL be waiting a while for a Mav Man spoiler, I've been waiting since last April for an FRP one.
His stuff is good tho so I don't mind
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page