Carbon fiber panels - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Carbon fiber panels

I have been looking around the forum for a bit now and I still haven't seen anyone cover it. I was woundering what everyone thought about making carbon fiber panels for the g8. Or if anyone has done it before and how much of a weight reduction it made. I'm very interested in doing this way down the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam.Tallman View Post
I have been looking around the forum for a bit now and I still haven't seen anyone cover it. I was woundering what everyone thought about making carbon fiber panels for the g8. Or if anyone has done it before and how much of a weight reduction it made. I'm very interested in doing this way down the road.

What panels are you thinking of? The cost of making these panels is incredibly high and market is very small. I think the odds of it are very low as the risk is pretty high for a business owner. If you are thinking about front end panels, fenders, bumper, one piece front, etc. you are likely going to be on your own to make them. In my opinion there is much easier and more cost effective ways to save the weight. You would have to be pretty far down the hole of a purpose built race car for it to become a "logical" step for weight reduction.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

I agree and I know that it would be a huge risk for any company to go about making these panels for sale. I love body modifications on cars and I also enjoy the look of the g8 and Commodore. I was woundering if anyone has thought about doing this for their build because I am thinking of doing it myself down the road.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 06:55 AM
every village has one

Keep in mind that “way down the road” also applies to where these cars will be by then...

things are not as they appear to be.........

2009.5 LiquidRed/OnyxRed, Premium Package
e85 Surprise Package
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 11:51 AM

Highly doubtful. These cars are already 10 years old.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page