Pontiac G8 Forum banner

the start of a detail project ,no fun.

565 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  pony killer 
#1 ·
http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s583/funkygreens/IMAG0103_zps717aae16.jpg

Started this Dakota tonight at work. Spent about an hour just on this motor before I left. I can't wait to get to work tomorrow to deal with this beast. Thought it was going to the auction but was told its for the lot. Not something I normally see put out on the lot. Maybe ill use a personal day , feeling kinda nauseous lol. I did what I could to the liner , it was sagging . Should be able to scroll to see the rest of the befores and afters of this mess. Enjoy

#3 · (Edited)
Depending on how bad they are ,a simple all purpose degreaser and a towel is all you should need,just mix the degreaser 50/50 in a spray bottle.I prefer the mist pattern. This one I went heavier with the degreaser but was careful do to the liner already sagging. No hose on a liner like that or it will make it sag lower. This one I also used a gloss black spray paint ,it was that bad . Simple soap and water in a bottle will do if your liner is pretty much looking like new . Just spray the spot and wipe with a standard towel. The liner on this dodge I had to be a little patient with and break it down in sections,spraying a 10x10 in. Area and wiping lightly. This liner was loose and sagging and tried not to make things worse .hope that helps yuh

#5 ·
No problem. The liners on our g8's are different from the type they use on the dodge dakota I'm doing. I Think the thinner type on ours is made better for getting wet.

#6 ·
http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s583/funkygreens/IMAG0146_zpsba432ce8.jpg

So this is part two of this project. I had been broken off to do other things,so couldn't finish. Still have to do the inside but got the outside done. Man this thing is beat. Sooo many paint chips and some rust. Didn't even look at the frame ,am afraid to look . But I gave it what I could without doing any wet sanding . That's our body shops problems. The inside actually isn't that bad considering the outside looks like it was used on a construction site . Again I got other before and afters if Yall wanna scroll.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.