Pontiac G8 Forum banner

How to install mudflaps

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  knglibrty 
#1 ·
Any possible way to put mudflaps on the rear bumper? There isn't really a flat surface to screw them into since it's only a few mm thick. Any other ideas?

#2 ·
I used the ones for the G8 and had no problem with the rear one's. The front 's are the
a SOB, the easy way to drill holes you need is from behind, so you can leave the wheel's on,got mine on Ebay. Bought them while at the dealership, they were 10 bucks cheaper then at the dealership.

#4 ·
I think 80,GM orginal's to.

#5 · (Edited)
Contact Crazy Paul
I installed the stock style on the rear finders only to help protect the rear quarter panel at the track

Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Auto part

Something WICKED this way comes
Stock bolt on G8 GT record MIR 11/17/12 1/4 ml. 1.66 60' 11.95 @ 112.5MPH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6fl0S3AjGc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
The World Breaks Everyone and afterwards
many are strong at the broken places

Attachments

#7 ·
In one of the FB groups someone was saying you can install the OEM ones without drilling any holes and they work just fine. I have mine sitting in a bag, haven't have a chance to put them on yet.

#8 ·
Yeah I have an aftermarket set I found in my garage. I didn't feel like blowing $80 on mud flaps and was just gonna slap them on until I saw the bumper design makes it nearly impossible.

#10 ·
The ones I used are for the G8. Modled for the body flare on bottom to fit the front .

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.